5.6

2005 Dodge Dakota suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Dakota:

2005 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jan 122009

Dakota

In January, 2009, noticed a growling in the front end of the 2005 Dodge Dakota (~43,000) with difficulty turning corners. Took it to several repair shops who indicated that the front end needed work, including but not limited to, ball joints, tie-rods, tires at a cost over $1000. Took it to a Dodge dealer who indicated that only needed grease and greased. In the past week, March, 2009, shimming and noise in front end when turning. Took to Dodge dealer who indicated that the tie-rods, sway bars and tires (split) needed repair cost >$1000. Took it to another repair shop and received same news plus ball joints were worn. Having work done and wanted to report since I noticed that there seems to be a number of incidents related to same issue on your website. No injuries but there was the possibility if the front end had failure on the highway while driving on icy/snowy/wet roads.

- Grimes, IA, USA

Feb 032007

Dakota 4WD 6-cyl

Purchased a pre owned 2005 Dodge Dakota 2/2007.the dealership guaranteed me the vibration in the vehichle would be resolved. The first 2months they had the vehicle more than I. 5 times the vehicle has been back to this dealership. Replaced the rotors, break pads, new sway bar(that was disconnected). The vehicle still vibrates.at speed of 50-60 mph when applying the brakes, the vehicle will vibrate considerably. At normal speed it still vibrates but not as much. The warrenty on the vehicle is up in about 30 miles. I believe the dealership has just worn us down. The owner of the dealership said he would make things right, but as of today, nothing.no resolution. Something is definetly wrong with this vehicle and I won't drive it far for fear of failure. My wife owned a jeepliberty w/recalls on ball joints...needless to say the 2nd set of ball joints failed, causing an accident and $4000 later was traded off. Will not purchase another Dodge chryslerjeep product again in my life. Guress we go back to Chevy.

- Bradner, OH, USA