2006 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Dakota:

2006 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

May 052009

I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota and when I called Chrysler they told me my vehicle was not included in the recall (06V038000) I am having the exact brake problems described in the recall and don't know what I can do about it. Any help from your organization would be great!!!

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 172006

On 07/17/06 at approx. 3:45 pm. While traveling at 35 - 40 mph in heavy traffic in phoenix AZ.. outside temp. Around 108 - 110 on a newish rubberized surface. The cars ahead of me stopped quite quickly. I applied the brakes firmly the truck felt as if I were on ice. Not seeming to slow the truck down at all. Resulting in a crash. There were 2 skid marks from the rear tires. Nothing from the front. It has been brought to my attn. That there has been a recall of many Dakota 2006 trucks re: ABS brakes not stopping correctly causing accidents. This describes what has happened to me. Is this truck defective. There has been recall on this truck type. Is this one of them. VIN # iu7he48K26S598824 2006 dekota, please respond to or po box 15935 phoenix AZ 85060, 602-629-0286 602-413-9861, thank you !

- Phoenix, AZ, USA