2.7

2008 Dodge Dakota miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Dakota:

2008 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 302016

Dakota

Takata inflators when can I expect my truck to be repaired?

- Racine, WI, USA

Jul 292011

Dakota

As I start the truck, it kicks when I shift to drive and start to accelerate. I took it to a dealer near me when there was a recall for the rack and pinion and they did not find anything. The truck keeps doing the kick or jumps gears. Maybe the problem is in the cable or the shifter. It keeps doing this to this day and getting worse. Now I have to move the shifter to drive and put it back to park to start the truck. Also the ignition stays on sometimes when the key is removed and this drains the battery. The truck seems to use way to much gas for the driving I do. My job is less than five miles from my house and it uses a lot of gas about $10 every day for such a short distance.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jun 172015

Dakota

Turning right last year signaled left and the blinker blinked right my wife was behind me and later asked why I didn't signal the right way I said I did im not a dumm yi checked things they were fine. About a week later...I put the high beams on and the wipers came on ran through the turn signals sure enough signal left blink right signal right blink left. Put high beam on washer fluid and wipers come on.

- Manchester Ctr., VT, USA