5.3

2010 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Dakota:

2010 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jun 032014

Dakota 8-cyl

My 2010 Dodge Dakota 4dr 4X4 has turned off while on am driving down the road. I notified the dealership shortly after I purchased it (purchased used with about 17,000 miles) and they said that nothing showed/they did not find anything wrong. I said ok, and then it happened again and again. It just shuts down, I have my foot on the gas and all of the sudden I am wondering why I'm slowing down when I have my foot on the gas and then notice "O" the truck turned off! lucky the 5-6 times this has happened I have not been on a straight part of the road, it seems to loose power steering and brakes, I am not sure if other electrical things like radio and lights turn off to, I am just concerned with getting to a stop safely to start the truck again. And I put it in park once stopped and it starts right back up. This has happened 5-6 times at least since I have purchased the truck about 2 years ago (maybe 3 yrs ago). I am wondering if this is the same problem that they just discovered in other Dodge vehicles simple to the Chevy ignition recall.

- Madison, CT, USA