2010 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Dakota:

2010 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 102014

Dakota 6-cyl

I was driving my 2010 Dodge Dakota down the street turning left when the entire vehicle shut down. I lost the engine, steering and brakes. I nearly hit a utility pole by inches. I started the truck up again and started without any issue, the check engine light came on, and I continued to drive down the street, when I went to go make a left hand turn again, the truck completely shut down again. At this point my truck when over and onto a curb, I tried to turn the wheel and brake but had no control (luckily no one was on the sidewalk so there were no injuries). At this point I knew I could not drive the truck and had to call to get it towed. Once at the dealership herb chambers Dodge in millbury, MA they told me it was the crank shaft sensor. I asked if it was a common part to break because of the near accidents I could of had and all they would say is that there is no recall on it. When I said I didn't ask if there was a recall I asked if it is common for this part to break and loose all power in the car he just repeated himself "there is no recall on this part". I have owned a 2006 Dodge Dakota (I had to replace the crank shaft sensor twice) and now my 2010 Dodge Dakota had the same issue. Between my 2 vehicles this part has failed 3 times. I am worried about this part causing accidents, and making drivers not having control of there vehicles. If a sensor fails I don't believe the whole vehicle should shut down it is a major safety issue and puts the drivers, other drivers, and any pedestrians on the street. I also contacted daimler Chrysler about the issue and I received the same response "im sorry there is no recall on this part."

- Oxford, MA, USA