Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Apr 182016

The Darts breaks started to flutter and then feel warped. Upon remove the rotors were imperfect based on poor quality molding/casting. The backside of the rotors have gouges where they have rusted but the break pads have never touched and in some areas the casting looks like it pooled and cooled different then the rest of the rotors... very cruddy and nasty across the rotors. The car started the issue when it only had 10K on it and it now has 17.5K and is getting worst.

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Aug 132015

The water pump went out in my car at 50,615 miles. I was told by the dealer that the water pump was not part of my power train warranty. I took the car to a differant shop to have a new water pump put on my car it had 8,000 more miles on the car it started over heating took the Dodge to larson in puyallup wa. They are telling me that the antifreeze has been mixed in the car and that they will not honor the power train warranty!

- Mineral, WA, USA

Jan 152015

Dart 4-cyl

I was rear-ended purposefully while traveling 55mph on a highway. The other driver rear-ended me, backed off, and then pushed me down the road. The airbag did not deploy and I suffered a neck and back injury. Now I see there is a recall (13V555000) which is a cause for faulty air bags, which my car was not put on the list as.

- Cold Brook, NY, USA

Feb 282014

Dart 4-cyl

Vehicle had slight damage from concrete wheel stop in parking lot. This revealed prior was sold as new. 4 weeks prior. During inspection fender to bumper bolts found missing. Other screws not tightened and misinstalled. I refused to drive in this condition. Vehicle back at dealer for months no repair replacement of screws ever offered. Told by dealership owner it's ok drive it they don't need all those screws to hold it together. Chrysler notified many times does nothing but. Say sorry for your trouble. They have the money and the car. I have nothing. This car is a bad accident waiting to happen.

- New Smyrna Beach , FL, USA

Dec 042012

The dashboard has loud rattle since left dealer, brought back three times, now windshield has cracked from inside lower left contacted Chrysler, the want to remove dash, replace windshield, I told them to take car back im not gonna be Chrysler guinea pig, car will not be same I told them, not even two months old.

- Cedarhurst, NY, USA