CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jun 212014

Dart 4-cyl

I have had several issues with this car. For starters when driving it will all of a sudden stop going for no reason. The car didn't die it simply doesn't go. The RPM's stopped working on one occasion and the head light blew out all in the same night. Dealer said there was no connection, so I had to replace the head light for $100. They advised the ground wire was lose so they tightened it. I had my tire blow out for no reason just driving down the road and it blew. Now on occasions my automatic door locks aren't working. And still wont go when giving it gas. It sounds like there is some kind of electrical problem with this model vehicle. I love my car would want a new one. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle at the time until it is fixed. There are no recalls on the vehicle and my warranty is almost up with problems repeating. I don't know what else to do. I just wish Dodge would fix whatever problems there are.

- Kerens, TX, USA

Sep 172013

Dart

I have had quite an experience with my Dodge Dart. It is in the shop this week. I had complained first about the hesitating when I first started the car and it was cold outside. The engine seems to give out and a tiny back fire. I have the computer navigation on the dash and it began to flicker and my mileage started to flash. My check engine light would come on for no reason and the navigation began to fail. I had parked my Dart in the driveway and it had rolled out into the street and a county worker knocked on the door to tell me I was blocking access to the drivers. I went to move my car and the clutch was stuck to the floor of my car. I could not get it in or out of gear. So far Chrysler has replaced the electrical/computer part, the part for the clutch. I just found out about the recall for the brake and transmission. Last my door is darker then the rest of the car and they are having it painted.

- Red Lion, PA, USA

May 302013

Dart

During raining or high humidity conditions my left turn signal alerts me that it doesn't work. Also I have had the cruise control switch fixed multiple times and it still intermittently does not turn on.

- Merrifiled, VA, USA

Feb 112014

Dart

The car started vibrating and shaking uncontrollably and then began to smoke. I had to stop it in the middle of the road and get it towed. Since we've purchased the car about 8 months ago, we've been in the dealership monthly for one issue or another (electrical, pieces falling apart, tire issues, splash guard issues, etc). It is a horrible car. No one cares when you contact customer service.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Feb 112014

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Mar 112014

Dart 4-cyl

While accelerating the vehicle began to randomly sputter/hesitate. Check engine light illuminated with fault code (P0352) and continued to sputter/hesitate during acceleration process. After diagnosis it appears the engine's ignition control system is failing and has been for some time. According to dealership, this is not covered outside basic warranty or any known recall.

- Prairie Village, KS, USA

Feb 072014

Dart

Since 2/5/14, my "charging system light" as well as audible alert, display sporadically when driving. This light and alert usually come on when stopped, for instance at stoplight or stop sign, and then when starting to take off or accelerate. I'm concerned there may be electrical issues, a short in wiring, or battery or charging problems. I'm going to have it serviced this week...

- Amelia, OH, USA

Jul 222013

Dart

After turning car on, battery light displays on dash and dash light is dim, radio is off, A/C off, and signal lights do not work. I have to wait a period of 10-30 mins so these components turn back on. This is usually happening in every other day and also when car is exposed to hot weather.

- Margate, FL, USA

Jul 162013

Dart

When I start my car the gps/radio screen does not turn on, the back up camera, blinkers, lights and windows, A/C, radio will not work, sometimes for a matter of seconds or my entire drive. It is unsafe to turn, hot in the car on 90 degree weather and just annoying, I have called the dealership to assess this issue, it has been going on and off for the last 3 weeks, approx. One week after I purchased this vehicle. The 1st and second gears also do not work well, I have a very difficult time getting it in 1st gear and it will stall out. The second gear is jerky. The acceleration has decreased over the short time I have been driving this vehicle. Overall not the best vehicle I have driven. I feel very unsafe in it but have a large loan to pay on it.

- Orrville, OH, USA

May 192013

Dart

Chapmanswrecker wrecker svc in nashville, tn 37210 towed a 2013 Dodge Dart rent-A-car that the whole front end burnt.

- Nashville , TN, USA

Dec 112012

Dart 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the check engine and battery warning lights illuminated on the instrutment panel and the vehicle stalled. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and it was determined that the vehicle needed a software update. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was 2,731 and the current mileage was 5,000.

- Philidelphia, PA, USA