CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Apr 182016

Dart

The Darts breaks started to flutter and then feel warped. Upon remove the rotors were imperfect based on poor quality molding/casting. The backside of the rotors have gouges where they have rusted but the break pads have never touched and in some areas the casting looks like it pooled and cooled different then the rest of the rotors... very cruddy and nasty across the rotors. The car started the issue when it only had 10K on it and it now has 17.5K and is getting worst.

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Mar 252016

Dart

Car has kuhmo tires from the factory. This vehicle cannot go over any type of bump without an impact break forming on the tire.

- White Lake, MI, USA

Sep 072015

Dart

Took ownership of car at 6,420 miles as the first owner. Noticed that the factory tires had "test tire" stamped into the sidewall of all four tires. Contacted yokohama customer service, who immediately shipped a new set of replacement tires if I guaranteed I would send the old tires back. No accident or injuries occurred but the new tires drove markedly different than the ones that came on the car.

- Booneville, MS, USA

Sep 152015

Dart

While driving and attempting to come to a stop by pressing the break, the break out of nowhere became very difficult to press down and the car was difficult to stop. I was coming off the highway approaching a light. After I was able to press it down it let off a hissing noise. I took it in and was told it was the break booster that needed to be replaced. No one was able to inform me what caused it. I have never had any trouble prior to, no accidents and I am consistent with service. It is clear this is a manufacturing problem and a recall is in order. I do understand this is not the first or only complaint for the very same issue. This could result in death. Also their seems to be a problem with my airbag system and tire light as they have been triggered on their own and will not go off.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Aug 012015

Dart

I have not been notified at all on my recalls. There has been several things I've called my dealership on and I thought it had been fixed not knowing it was a recall. But it is not fixed. My transmission won't let me put car in reverse very easy. My car engine rpms get higher when I approach to stop. It acts like it's not getting enough fuel St times like it cuts out. My bluetooth is hard to connect. My front driver tire has wore out 2 side walls tires but has never went flat but never shows it's very low but it is never the same as others. My car front driver makes a noise like suspension is messed up and it's very rough riding. I no longer get good gas mileage. When I go to park my car it wants to roll aft err being put in park. The breaks are very touchy. Barely graze the pedal and you'll hit the steering wheel. I wanted a new car all my life and after 35 years I was finally able to get one and I'm still in the same position as before. Please help on what to-do considering I've yet to even receive anything about my car having any recall. And I've got 2 kids that I'm raising alone andi'm it says can cause accident why can't I get a replacement car till they get the parts to make my car safe. I'm very unhappy

- Rocky, OK, USA

Mar 202015

Dart

3 out of 4 humho solus KH25 225/45R17 K2X5 yal8 (2X 4112 and 3414) sidewall failures within one and a half years of purchase. These tires fell just short of the product recall serial numbers, but clearly have the same sidewall defects. One tire blew out a sidewall while driving at slow highway speeds, the other two tires have developed golf ball sized bulges in sidewall.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 172015

Dart

2013 Dodge Dart bought new from dealer. June 17, 2015 while traveling through a parking lot a approximately 20mph axle broke pulling it from transmission. Cv knuckle/joint, tie-rod all broke. Wheel and tire turned at a 90 degree angle from car. Left a divot in concrete where everything hit ground. Visual estimate by dealer was $6,500. Nothing was hit, no curb, no pot hole, speed bump, or any other object. Police report states there was nothing in the area to hit. No other damage to vehicle, such as impact from other objects. Service manager at dealership car was taken to said there was so much damage he couldn't tell what broke first. Chrysler legal special investigations team inspected vehicle. 3 weeks later they sent me a report saying it was not a mechanical defect and my extended warranty would not repair. They insist I file with my insurance carrier. A vehicle that is 18 months old with only 39,000 miles should not fall apart like that if it doesn't strike anything. I've requested copy of report Chrysler used to make their decision.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Nov 032014

Dart

Kumho solus kh 25 tires included on my 2013 Dodge Dart. Bubble on sidewalls. Replaced with different tire and rotated. Second time this has occurred and replaced on August 1, 2014 one of the tires. Two other kumho solus kh 25 tires leaking air.

- Arab, AL, USA

Aug 012014

Dart

Kumho solus kh 25 tires included on my 2013 Dodge Dart. Bubble on sidewalls. Replaced with different tire and rotated. On November 3, 2014 noticed bubble on another kumho solus kh 25 and had to replace second tire at 20,000 miles. Two other kumho solus kh 25 tires leaking air.

- Arab, AL, USA

Jun 012013

Dart

Radio blacks out. Sidewall bulges on two of the kumho tires. Rough start in winter. Fade spots on interior seats.

- Oregon, OH, USA

Jul 252014

Dart 4-cyl

I have a new Dodge Dart that for the past month have been fighting with arrigo Dodge service dept regards to my concerns with issues. My calls went unanswered and was given the blow off. This past Friday my ac quit working was when I took the car in they were forced to address my concerns... when I asked for a rental I was refused...

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jun 212014

Dart 4-cyl

I have had several issues with this car. For starters when driving it will all of a sudden stop going for no reason. The car didn't die it simply doesn't go. The RPM's stopped working on one occasion and the head light blew out all in the same night. Dealer said there was no connection, so I had to replace the head light for $100. They advised the ground wire was lose so they tightened it. I had my tire blow out for no reason just driving down the road and it blew. Now on occasions my automatic door locks aren't working. And still wont go when giving it gas. It sounds like there is some kind of electrical problem with this model vehicle. I love my car would want a new one. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle at the time until it is fixed. There are no recalls on the vehicle and my warranty is almost up with problems repeating. I don't know what else to do. I just wish Dodge would fix whatever problems there are.

- Kerens, TX, USA

Nov 192013

Dart 4-cyl

After a routine trip in vehicle where speeds did not exceed 55 mph, a broken sidewall was noticed on drivers side front tire, a kumho solus KH25. Decision to replace delayed initially. Days later, a second break in sidewall appeared inches from first. Upon inspection, a third break in passenger side front tire noticed. No new routes or roads had been traveled in comparison to previous vehicle/tire combination and no known severe impact contributed. After reading that many other owners have had issues with kumho factory installed wheels I determined mine is not an isolated issues and that the stock wheel is, as it seems, more likely to fail than others. This is an unprecedented number of failures all at low mileage in conditions and on roads that previous vehicles experienced no issues with. During a service visit for an oil change a dealer tried to sell me two tires but made no mention of other owners having similar issues or any attempt to reduce the cost/impact despite the fact that I had taken delivery of the vehicle a short time prior to two tires failing.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jun 232014

Dart 4-cyl

8 sidewall cracks similar to NHTSA campaign number: 12T020000 on kumho solus KH25 225/45/R17. Dot serial: K2X5 yal8 dot range: 3612, 3712, 3812.

- Taunton, MA, USA

Jun 212014

Dart

Driving on highway was slowing down from about 70 mph and the tire sounded like it blew... but after replacing the tie could not see any damage to the tire....

- San Antinio, TX, USA

Jun 012014

Dart 4-cyl

Hit a pot hole at 65 miles per hour on a bridge and tire blew out. Same thing happened 3 months ago except it blew out the tire and tore the rim when a pot hole was hit. When I finished changing the tire I looked up, and another Dodge Dart was behind me with the same front drivers side tire blown out, except her rim was torn. Dodge told me the tires have no warranty. There kumho tires.are pieces of crap.. apparently.. I was told by my tire guy that they are cheap and have weak sidewalls..there are many incidents of problems with these tires. I will call covert Dodge in austin tomorrow to complain. Ill get 4 new Michelin tires put on tomorrow. The car has 4000 miles on it. My first and last Dodge. They don't care about the safety of there customers apparently !!!!

- Odessa, TX, USA

Feb 122014

Dart 4-cyl

The first incident occurred after a commute home from work. My wife noticed a bulge in the kuhmo tire on her driver's side rear. The dealership replaced the tire at no cost. This happened at roughly 2000 miles. The second incident occurred on the commute home from work as well. This time the passenger side front tire exploded at 55 mph sending my wife into a panic state as she attempted to slow the vehicle safely. This occurred at roughly 4400 miles. The dealership had to replace the rim and tire as the explosion ruined both. The third incident occurred today as she got out of her car at work she noticed the most recently replaced tire had a huge bulge in the side wall again. So I took the car to the dealership who informed me there was nothing more they could do. Kuhmo and Chrysler have refused to solve this issue and we were forced to spend $700 on new tires so we could make a family trip this memorial day. We plan to seek legal advice on this issue and feel that neither Chrysler or kuhmo take safety seriously.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Jan 202014

Dart 4-cyl

Traveling 30 mph on road and noticed my right rear tire went flat. Tire store said it was a sidewall blowout and would have to replace it. I replaced it with same brand tire. 3 weeks later 2/16/2014 same exact thing happens to my right front tire. So being the car is new I wanted to keep the tires all the same brand. Tire store got me the same tire. The very next day that 1 day old tire sidewall blows out. These are kumho solus KH25 tires size M225/45/17. I called kuhmo usa and was told there is a recall on those exact tires with same dot numbers K2X5yal8 3411-2512. My dot numbers were K2X5yal8 with dates 4812, 0313, 0913. I was told that I didn't qualify for the recall and there was nothing they could do. I think there should be a recall on all of these kumho solus KH25 tires. They are junk! not even lasting 1 day! I will not be buying kumho ever again.

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Oct 012013

Dart 4-cyl

One of my tire inflation sensors is bad because the warning in the dash shows 11-13 psi when the tire is at 32 like the other tires. I went to dealer but they just put nitrogen in tires and said its because of the cold.

- Ypsilanti , MI, USA