2014 Dodge Dart brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 262015

"brake failure" when I applied the brakes the peddle, the brake pedal suddenly became hard to depress and the distance needed to stop increase drastically. It was very dangerous to stop the car completely. If it happened while driving on freeway, it could have happened an accident.

- Midvale, UT, USA

Jan 102015

I was at a complete stop, my foot was pushed down on the brake and it suddenly released from my foot followed by a whooshing sound. My brake system failed, and I had to use my emergency brake to stop my vehicle after I started driving it. I had it towed to a dealership and they diagnosed it as oil leaking from the engine into the brake booster. On 7/15/2015 my check engine light appeared, followed by the entire vehicle shaking uncontrollably. I turned the vehicle off, restated it and though the check engine light still appeared, the car no longer shook, and the check engine light went off a couple hours later. On 7/23/2015 the check engine light reappeared so I took it into the dealership where they are currently trying to diagnose what is wrong with it, but think it has a valve plugged or an engine problem. Both of these incidents occurred after I had an oil change completed on the vehicle.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Dec 132014

Dart 4-cyl

Our daughter was driving our three-week-old Dodge Dart. It began smoking as she exited the highway and, within seconds, she lost her ability to brake and steer. The car was completely engulfed in flames within 1-2 minutes and is a total loss. She was able to get out without physical injury but was extremely shaken. The fire department put out the fire. We can provide pictures of the fire, showing the flames shooting many feet into the air and the car encased in smoke.

- Chesterfield, MO, USA

Jun 072014

Dart 4-cyl

Was traveling to work on the highway at approx 65 mph when I felt a vibration in my new car.over a short period of time the vibration grew to a very concerning level.I thought I may have a flat tire. I slowed down and was looking for a safe place to pull over. Within approx. 1 mile I was able to exit off the highway and as I did the left/front wheel came off the car and rolled down the street.the car was towed by aaa to a repair shop who found the other three wheel's lug bolts to be torqued to 40lbs.the book states the lug bolts need to be torqued to 92lbs. The wheels were never properly tightened from the factory and were not checked by the dealer as per the pre delivery inspection.I could have been killed because of this negligence. I have contacted Dodge customer relations and have not received any satisfaction.this vehicle is not safe to drive.

- Park Ridge, NJ, USA