2014 Dodge Dart brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 212016

Dart

First incident occurred as I was driving down the road at about 35 mph my brake light sensor turned on; without the brake being pushed or emergency brake being on. Pulled over placed the vehicle in park and shut it off. Turned the car back on and the light no longer appeared. As I was reversing out of my drive way I applied brakes, my vehicle didn't stop I pulled the emergency brake that didn't stop the vehicle either. Upon pushing the brake it seemed "seemed stuck" unable to push it down all the way. I was able to change my gear into drive and tried to push the brakes in however, my car failed to stop until I placed my car in park and applied the emergency brake.

- Okeechobee, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Dart

The car has excessive rotor wear and intermittent braking issues. The dealer service center doesn't seem over concerned or suggest it might be covered under our premium extended warranty. The problem was noticed early in July and the vehicle is currently in the shop for other repairs. My wife states that the car sometimes has trouble stopping, and has to push the brakes harder to bring it to a stop when the braking problem occurs.

- Wedgefield, SC, USA

Jul 132016

Dart

Interior electrical problems from day 1. random electrical components shut off and restart all the time. Also brakes became harder and harder to use, until they stopped working altogether in traffic, but started working again after collision

- Robesonia, PA, USA

Jun 162016

Dart

This vehicle have had two occasions of master cylinder brake fluid loss and unexplained totall engine oil evaporation without warning that caused the loss of power while driving. Luckily it happened in city, not highway.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

May 012016

Dart

Brakes don't seem to be working properly. I have contacted the local dealer and they stated they don't have the repair for the recall although they know it's a problem?

- Monticello, MN, USA

Jan 082016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. When the brake pedal was depressed, the contact heard an abnormal noise. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 24,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Shoreline, WA, USA

May 082016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 20 mph when approaching a stop sign, the brakes hesitated to respond without warning. In addition, there was an intermittent abnormal noise coming from the wheels. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the diagnosis was not provided. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Wedgefield, SC, USA

Nov 012015

Dart

In October of 2015, I was driving in the 105 highway & as I stepped on the brakes to slow down due to traffic, the brakes made a high pitched sound like an air leaking. We did not get the vehicle checked right away because I had only had my vehicle for a little over a year and it was new. By December we decided to have our brakes checked by my uncle due to the fact that I had to add more pressure to the brakes, and the noise were more continuous. After it was checked, my uncle said the brakes were still brand new and had no damage whatsoever. By January of 2016, we received our first safety recall notice regarding all Dodge Darts of years 2013 and 2014. I contacted my dealer to make an appointment to have the vehicle repaired but I was told they would send a letter whenever they had the appropiate parts ready. By March of 2016, I contacted the dealer again and told me the same thing. As of today, May 12, 2016, I have received another safety recall notice and no letter or notice from my dealer. The vehicle is still making the noise and we still have to add pressure to the brakes.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 122016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mahanoy City, PA, USA

Jan 312016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While depressing the brake pedal, the vehicle took time to completely stop. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 272016

Dart

That vehicle just shuts off has I'm driving

- Southampton, NY, USA

Nov 142015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving 30 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to engage without warning. As a result, the contact drove over a curb and the vehicle stopped independently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 83,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Garland, TX, USA

Dec 012015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 052016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The contact called two dealers and they were not able to give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Trinity, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V800000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part or remedy for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Aug 052015

Dart

While gaining acceleration onto the freeway, I was forced to make a sudden stop. I had plenty of room to stop safely and was not traveling at a high rate of speed. I depressed the brake pedal and the car did not stop in time to avoid a collision with the vehicle in front of me. There were not brake marks on the road and it felt as if my vehicle hit the one in front of me at full speed. I believe the brakes completely failed me and the accident would have been avoided if the brakes had done what they were supposed to. Oklahoma city, ok interstate 40 and mcarthur.

- Mcalester, OK, USA

Nov 152015

Dart

Chrylser recall R63... the car was involved in an accident due to the braking issue

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Nov 022014

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while driving at low speeds, there was a cracking noise coming for the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the rack and pinion failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred numerous times. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 37 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the brakes failed. The contact crashed into the rear driver's side of another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 14,800. The VIN was unavailable.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Aug 012014

Dart

In mid 2014, I was driving that year's model of a Chevy Dart, rented from enterprise while visiting friends in Arizona. Along hwy 17, the engine had shut off briefly. The interior electrical was still on, but power steering and brakes were gone. The exterior lights shut off, but I remember the cabin still had power because I quickly turned on the hazards. I believe it was a plastic turn-key, and it being reignited, that allowed me to regain control. It was a steep, windy road. It was about 10 at night and there was a lot of darkness without headlights.there was a big rig in the next lane in front of me, and heavy vehicles to the rear. It was definitely a close call.

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Jul 272015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 65 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and failed to respond without warning. The contact was able to stop using the emergency brake as the anti skid warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake switch needed to be replaced again and the proxy needed to be aligned. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,000.

- Arley, AL, USA