2014 Dodge Dart seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Feb 182016

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while at a stop light and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle failed to respond. The contact mentioned that the vehicle seemed as if it was in the park position. As a result, the another vehicle crashed into the rear of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. There were two injuries sustained during the crash. The contact sustained head injuries, and the driver of the other vehicle that crashed into the contact sustained neck and back injuries. Both injured required medical attention. The vehicle was towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 29,800. The VIN was not available.

- Madison Lake, MN, USA

Apr 082015

Dart

July 14th 2014 I bought a Dodge Dart VIN 1C3cdfeb3rd63413. The car was properly maintained. Did not have problems with the car. While driving on May 8th 2015. On I-75 going about 70 miles per hour with thick flow of traffic. I heard and felt something crack on the front driver side of my car, under my feet. The car immediately pulled left and hit a concrete barrier wall. The car then bounced off a Toyota prius. I landed in the ditch on the right side of the highway mile marker 299 in pasco county Florida. My first complaint is whatever broke to cause the accident. Which I cannot be specific about because I don't know if it was the axel or what yet. Taking note that no one was hurt. My second complaint is that not one of my 6 "advanced"safety airbags deployed in my cab after hitting two objects at that speed. As to why I do not know what broke yet. I called for Dodge roadside service, I was picked up and rode with my car to the nearest Dodge dealership. Jim browne citrus Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, in dade city. This dealership did not have a body shop. I was told by the manager at the dealership my car would be towed to the body shop they used. As my car was under warranty and the accident report reflects mechanical error. After this day I would not see or know where my vehicle was for 46 days when the towing company called me about storage fees for my car that we couldn't locate.

- Leesburg, FL, USA

Mar 222015

Dart

The contact owned a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the vehicle hydroplaned and crashed into a metal utility pole. None of the air bags deployed. The contact sustained four fractured ribs, a fractured left shoulder, and bruised knees and sternum, which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer informed the contact that the air bags were flawed and that the contact should have been aware of the failure prior to the crash. Neither the manufacturer nor the insurance company inspected the vehicle. The failure mileage was 8,700.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Nov 062013

Dart 4-cyl

My son was involved in an accident November 06, 2013. My son was exiting when he stated he felt tire fell, his car flipped front to end 3X, and then hitting a pole, this causing him to be ejected 100 feet and landing on a grassy median. My son was pronounced dead at the scene, but paramedics were able to revive him. My son was on life support and had to go through a lot and is now okay... during this time we also learned that none of the air-bags he had in the car deployed... the car is equipped with 12-14 air bags... if you need more information please feel free to contact me. I have not been able to resolve this, can you please help...updated 11/18/14 updated 8/12/2015

- San Antonio, TX, USA