2015 Dodge Dart brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

May 122016

I've had my car for over a year now and I have 9850 miles on my vehicle. Around 1am after coming back home from work going 60mph, I heard a loud clunk in my steering wheel and I decided to not pay attention to it because I thought it was the road. I tried to switch lanes, when suddenly I couldn't move my steering wheel at all. Luckily there was no one behind me so I started to slow down as soon as I hit about 13mph my steering wheel became unstuck and I was able to move again. The next day I took it to hunter Dodge in lancaster ca and when I brought it in they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle. About 3 days later, I was driving about 60mph again and my car started to drift into the dirt while I was going back home. I tried re-centering my car to the center, but my steering wheel locked once more and I started going into the dirt. I slammed on my brakes and luckily I was able to stop before I hit a tree. I took it back a 2nd time and asked them to look at it again and they had it for a couple of days and they still didn't find anything wrong with it. Luckily the times it has happened I was alone in the car. Inam.glad to say that my family and my soon to be wife wasn't in that car. I cannot drive my car to la because of the fear that my steering wheel may lock up on me while on the freeway. Please help.

- Littlerock, CA, USA

Jun 162016

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving at a low speed, the contact attempted to depress the brake pedal but it failed to depress and made an abnormal noise. The contact had to apply the emergency brake in order to stop the vehicle. The dealer diagnosed that the brake booster, master cylinder, and a vacuum line needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,711.

- Rock Hill, NY, USA

Dec 092015

There were two accidents within four weeks relating to the brakes. The first one happened on 11-12-2015 which resulted in neck injury to one person and several other minor complaints. The second accident was on 12-09-2015 in which the car was totaled and all parties from both vehicles were taken by ambulance to the hospital. The first time was on a road and her breaks malfunctioned and she couldn't stop. The second time she was unable to stop at a red light because of the brakes malfunctioning again, resulting in the vehicle being totaled. Will forward the pictures asap.

- Lake Wales,, FL, USA

Aug 312015

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving at an unknown speed, the "service transmission" warning message displayed and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who changed the transmission sensor, which caused the transmission to fail. The transmission was replaced, but the ABS sensor illuminated. After replacing the ABS sensor, the replacement transmission failed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 400. Updated 02/05/16

- Twin Falls, ID, USA

Jun 082015

My gas says empty after I fill it and than 10 min into driving its full my controlls go haywire I am going 65mph all of a sudden I am going 5 mph and everything turns off on the panel, my engine make a loud noise after driving it for a while. My brakes make a plong sound everytime I step on them to put in drive or reverse

- San Antonio, TX, USA