2015 Dodge Dart brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Jan 052017

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 25 mph, the brake pedal was applied and failed to respond without warning. The brake pedal was stiff and required excessive force in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake booster system was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Mcconnelsville, OH, USA

Dec 162016

Dart

While driving, there was a snap and a loss of power brakes. According to the repair report from Dodge, brake fluid from the master cylinder leaked into the power booster causing loss of power brakes. This car is a little over a year old and just out of the warrenty at 37,000 miles and since we bought it with 20,000 miles on it, Dodge would not help with the repair cost. The 2013 and 2014 Dodge Darts were recalled for oli leaking into the power booster, but this appears to be a failed master cylinder. I've had experience with master cylinders over the years and always got more than a year out of a brand new master cylinder. Maybe I got the only fluke Dodge Dart master cylinder problem, or maybe Dodge has been putting sub-standard brake parts on these cars for years. I saved the old parts just in case. I thought it might be worth looking into. We narrowly avoided a rear-end accident, and so did the Dodge service guy when we brought it in. I appreciate your input on this. Thank you

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Nov 122016

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 10-15 mph, the brakes failed to engage when the brake pedal was depressed. The front driver side of the contact's vehicle collided with the rear of a truck. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 5,645.

- Columbus, GA, USA

May 122016

Dart

I've had my car for over a year now and I have 9850 miles on my vehicle. Around 1am after coming back home from work going 60mph, I heard a loud clunk in my steering wheel and I decided to not pay attention to it because I thought it was the road. I tried to switch lanes, when suddenly I couldn't move my steering wheel at all. Luckily there was no one behind me so I started to slow down as soon as I hit about 13mph my steering wheel became unstuck and I was able to move again. The next day I took it to hunter Dodge in lancaster ca and when I brought it in they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle. About 3 days later, I was driving about 60mph again and my car started to drift into the dirt while I was going back home. I tried re-centering my car to the center, but my steering wheel locked once more and I started going into the dirt. I slammed on my brakes and luckily I was able to stop before I hit a tree. I took it back a 2nd time and asked them to look at it again and they had it for a couple of days and they still didn't find anything wrong with it. Luckily the times it has happened I was alone in the car. Inam.glad to say that my family and my soon to be wife wasn't in that car. I cannot drive my car to la because of the fear that my steering wheel may lock up on me while on the freeway. Please help.

- Littlerock, CA, USA

Jun 162016

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving at a low speed, the contact attempted to depress the brake pedal but it failed to depress and made an abnormal noise. The contact had to apply the emergency brake in order to stop the vehicle. The dealer diagnosed that the brake booster, master cylinder, and a vacuum line needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,711.

- Rock Hill, NY, USA

Dec 092015

Dart

There were two accidents within four weeks relating to the brakes. The first one happened on 11-12-2015 which resulted in neck injury to one person and several other minor complaints. The second accident was on 12-09-2015 in which the car was totaled and all parties from both vehicles were taken by ambulance to the hospital. The first time was on a road and her breaks malfunctioned and she couldn't stop. The second time she was unable to stop at a red light because of the brakes malfunctioning again, resulting in the vehicle being totaled. Will forward the pictures asap.

- Lake Wales,, FL, USA

Aug 312015

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving at an unknown speed, the "service transmission" warning message displayed and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who changed the transmission sensor, which caused the transmission to fail. The transmission was replaced, but the ABS sensor illuminated. After replacing the ABS sensor, the replacement transmission failed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 400. Updated 02/05/16

- Twin Falls, ID, USA

Jun 082015

Dart

My gas says empty after I fill it and than 10 min into driving its full my controlls go haywire I am going 65mph all of a sudden I am going 5 mph and everything turns off on the panel, my engine make a loud noise after driving it for a while. My brakes make a plong sound everytime I step on them to put in drive or reverse

- San Antonio, TX, USA