2015 Dodge Dart suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Apr 292016

Dart

I was driving on the highway and the car started shaking when I reached 65 mph. When I got to 70 mph, it stopped I thought I was okay but I wasn't. the tire separated from the axle and the lower control arm fell off causing me to crash. I ran into a guardrail and if it wasn't there, the car wouldn't have stopped and I could possibly be dead. Upon impact, the air bags didn't deploy either. This is life threatening. Something needs to be done abou this vehicle!!! this isn't the first time the control arm fell off. It fell off 3 other times to. I am fed up with Chrysler. They won't do anything about this vehicle. It is a casket on wheels. It is a death trap and the next time something like this happens, the person might not live to tell the story. Hopefully nothing like this happens but if it does, maybe it will wake Chrysler the hell up!!!!

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Nov 012015

Dart

November 1 2015 while traveling on parkway 376 in pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I became trapped behind a portion of a tree that had made it's way in the lane I enter the parkway. After being forced to stop, and put hazards on and attempt to merge into traffic. I was rear ended by a GMC Envoy traveling at least 55 mph, forcing me into tree I was trying to avoid.my passenger and I left in ems vehicles, my car was returned to monroeville Dodge for repairs. After getting my car back I noticed when it rain, or snow the trunk of car would get wet. Whenever operating the car in speeds 35 mph or more, you could feel air coming through backseat. After returning the car to Dodge for inspection, I was told that they found nothing to cause problem. Car was inspected and pass with only requiring 2 rear tires. August 2 2016, while at a stop sign, a driver driving a 2005 Honda Pilot with original grill, rear ended the car, at this time I drove my car home, in the morning I noticed tires were bent outward. After filing a claim with the driver"S insurance co, I learned that the car was not aligned after rear end hit on Nov 1 2015 that caused car to slam into the tree on parkway. After the insured fix only body, found not responsible for mechanical damage, once again the car was repair without wheel alignment by monroeville Dodge and offered back for operating on road. After taking the repair statement to other auto body repair shops, and pictures of both rear end accidents, I was advised the car could have sustained frame damages from Nov 1 2015, making it unable to be properly align and unsafe for operating. I'm currently still in a rental car my car is still at Dodge with no wheel alignment repairs after neither accident. Dodge has told both insurance companies, (state farm Nov 1 2015, and geico Aug 2, 2016) wheel allignment was not needed. Please help

- North Braddock, PA, USA

Jun 282015

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving 70 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle began to pull to the right without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was then towed to another dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side lower control arm fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was approximately 10,000.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Aug 282015

Dart

I bought a brand new 2015 Dodge Dart and 64 days after purchasing the lower control arm broke off in the middle of driving down the freeway causing the wheel to get lodged into the fender and jam the door. Chrysler refuses to cover the repairs nor will they allow the manufactures warranty to cover the repairs. I have been without a car for 5 months during this time I have lost my job had to relocate my family to a smaller home and now have a credit score of 394 when 6 months ago it was a 720. Chrysler needs to be stopped because they are careless individuals who do not care about the well being of its consumers. This is not the first time a control arm has broken and it will not be the last time if something isn't done about it the next person may not live to tell their story and that is very sad to even imagine.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Oct 232015

Dart

The right lower control arm has broken off for the second time as I was driving straight

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Feb 272015

Dart

I purchased my 2015 Dodge Dart on January 19, 2015. The vehicle currently has approximately 1800 miles on it. This morning when backing out of my driveway I turned the steering wheel to back into the road. While turning the steering wheel I heard a rubbing and a slight clanking sound. To give a little background on my experience. One of my job functions is driving new vehicle's to listen for unidentified interior noises. I also inspect new vehicle's for any type of exterior paint defects, body panel fit and alignment, paint seeds, chips, etc...I basically inspect the vehicle's before they are shipped to the dealer. I work for a top automotive maker. With this said, I understand that when vehicles are new quite a few of them make suspension sounds similar to what I described because, they are still tight, not broken in, etc...this is definitely not the case with this Dodge Dart. I had to drive around town for several hours today running errands. Making of sharp turns at stop signs, into parking spots, etc...the vehicle continued to make this sound all day as I made any sharp, low speed turns. This vehicle has not previously made this sound or any sound similar, until today. I believe there is a defect somewhere in the suspension or steering column. I am the only person that has ever driven the car since purchased new. I have not hit any pot holes, or had any other incidences that could cause this issue. I have not contacted the dealer as of right now. I will contact them first thing tomorrow to have the vehicle checked out by their mechanics. I know that other Dart owners have and still are experiencing this same issue. I've read of several model years 2013-14 with the exact issue and a majority of them have gotten the runaround from their Dodge dealerships. I hope this issue gets investigated further.

- Evansville, IN, USA