2015 Dodge Dart suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Jun 282015

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving 70 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle began to pull to the right without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was then towed to another dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side lower control arm fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was approximately 10,000.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Aug 282015

I bought a brand new 2015 Dodge Dart and 64 days after purchasing the lower control arm broke off in the middle of driving down the freeway causing the wheel to get lodged into the fender and jam the door. Chrysler refuses to cover the repairs nor will they allow the manufactures warranty to cover the repairs. I have been without a car for 5 months during this time I have lost my job had to relocate my family to a smaller home and now have a credit score of 394 when 6 months ago it was a 720. Chrysler needs to be stopped because they are careless individuals who do not care about the well being of its consumers. This is not the first time a control arm has broken and it will not be the last time if something isn't done about it the next person may not live to tell their story and that is very sad to even imagine.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Oct 232015

The right lower control arm has broken off for the second time as I was driving straight

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Feb 272015

I purchased my 2015 Dodge Dart on January 19, 2015. The vehicle currently has approximately 1800 miles on it. This morning when backing out of my driveway I turned the steering wheel to back into the road. While turning the steering wheel I heard a rubbing and a slight clanking sound. To give a little background on my experience. One of my job functions is driving new vehicle's to listen for unidentified interior noises. I also inspect new vehicle's for any type of exterior paint defects, body panel fit and alignment, paint seeds, chips, etc...I basically inspect the vehicle's before they are shipped to the dealer. I work for a top automotive maker. With this said, I understand that when vehicles are new quite a few of them make suspension sounds similar to what I described because, they are still tight, not broken in, etc...this is definitely not the case with this Dodge Dart. I had to drive around town for several hours today running errands. Making of sharp turns at stop signs, into parking spots, etc...the vehicle continued to make this sound all day as I made any sharp, low speed turns. This vehicle has not previously made this sound or any sound similar, until today. I believe there is a defect somewhere in the suspension or steering column. I am the only person that has ever driven the car since purchased new. I have not hit any pot holes, or had any other incidences that could cause this issue. I have not contacted the dealer as of right now. I will contact them first thing tomorrow to have the vehicle checked out by their mechanics. I know that other Dart owners have and still are experiencing this same issue. I've read of several model years 2013-14 with the exact issue and a majority of them have gotten the runaround from their Dodge dealerships. I hope this issue gets investigated further.

- Evansville, IN, USA