8.0

1998 Dodge Durango suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Durango:

1998 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Nov 012008

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

EVERY TURN, EVERY BUMP YOU CAN HEAR THE CRACKLING IN THE FRONT END. BUT EARLIER LAST SUMMER JUST HAD THE FRONT END JOINT REPLACED CAUSE I WAS TOLD THEY WERE UNABLE TO GREASE IT. SO HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!!!!

- , Long Branch, NJ, USA

Aug 292007

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

I just bought this truck from a local dealership, i paid almost $6,000 for it it is a 1998 dodge durango. my 4 kids and i were on the way home, and we heard a "weird" noise like a thudding- not a tick it was like thump, thump, thump. I returned the truck to the dealership in the morning and told him of this noise, he then told me to go to his CAR X mechanic. so i did so, there mechanic listened and proceeded to tell me the injectors were pulsating and my exhaust was clunking. hmmmmmm??? my exhaust is nice and firm and from i know u should not hear injectors "trying to work".

I explained to the dealership- I live 35 minutes out of town, i have 4 children and the NEED for a reliable vehicle is imperative!

He " politely " sent me on my way.

ADVANCED AUTO IN DULUTH---------- NOT COOL!!!

- , Duluth, MN, Pacific Islands (US)