4.0

1999 Dodge Durango accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

May 272009

Durango SLT 5.9L V8

Maybe I should have waited since this appears to be a place to post completed issues. I've been researching this on the internet and am planning to replace the PCM. Unlike every other mention I find that's similar, my truck isn't shutting down (thank God!) I found a rebuilt PCM from Auto Exchange on eBay for $225 + $30 shipping. I've read it's super easy to replace, even if you have no experience working on your car. Just a couple bolts and some cables to plug in. It's on the top right over the wheel well. Dodge dealers charge $800 - $1000 to replace so I'm saving a ton of money.

It also looks like 75% of the people that have this problem see it fixed with a PCM replacement so my fingers are crossed. If AutoBeef lets me, I'll come back and update this record when I've done the PCM replacement.

- , San Jose, CA, USA