1999 Dodge Durango brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

May 012011

My 1999 Dodge Durango started making a terrible grinding noise coming from the front driver's side brakes. My mechanic found a bolt had come loose and was scraping the inside of my wheel. He replaced the brake pads while he was at it. It continued to make a strange grinding type noise - we replaced the rotor, hub assembly and lower ball joint. Still not a fix. Another mechanic looked at it and told me the caliper bolt was loose and was allowing brake pads, etc to be out of alignment and was making my brake pads wear quickly and get too hot. He put on yet another set of new pads and used some sort of lock tight on the bolts. This actually worked for about 2-3 weeks but now it's doing it again. I NEED HELP - Does anyone have any ideas???? I think it may have something to do with the brake calipers - that's my next idea to ask my mechanic. Thanks to anyone who has any ideas.

- , Collinsville, OK, USA