8.0

1999 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jan 022009

Durango SLT 5.2L V8

The truck was recently repaired and I still have this problem. It runs well for a day or two and then back to the same old sh*t. I have taken it back to the mechanic 3 separate times between 12/22/08 and 01/03/09. Now I have to leave it again so they can re-diagnose the problem....more $$$$$ out of my pocket I suspect. This truck has been nothing but a pain since I purchased it and has cost me just as much in repairs as what I paid for it!

- , East Orange, NJ, USA

Aug 062008

Durango 5.2L

tried install/tuneup. new cap,rotor,wires,plugs. still had horrible miss spent two weeks pulling my hair and screaming!! found out dodge and Chrysler engines are put together by SATANS best imps in a special corner of hell. as it turns out the plug wires have to be routed in a very special fashion. did the weaving of the wires exactly the way dodge specifies. guess what? didn't work. i have owned a ramcharger, two dodge full size vans, a Chrysler new yorker, a jeep Cherokee, and bought my wife the lovely silver dodge Durango. all i have to say about this is never again ever again will i buy a dodge product!!!!!!!!!

- , oatman, AZ, USA