7.6

$1,090.00

2. replace idle arm (1 reports)
  3. replaced power steering pump/belt dressing (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Durango:

1999 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 282007

Durango XLT V8

when i start the engine there is annoying sounds, i dont know if it came from the engine or suspension

- , Glendale, CA, USA

Aug 042007

Durango SLT

i seem to fix one thing and up pops another. struts, wheel bearings, rear end crankshaft, now camshaft. the idle arm i replaced that dodge said was my problem is doing the same noise again 2 1/2 months later. i later found out this is a problem you can't fix so tell me why you pay this much for a vehicle and you can ride in it without being embarrassed. that's ridiculous and whats so bad i own 3 chrysler vehicles

- , andalusia, AL, USA

Dec 172006

Durango LX 5.2 V8

this is BS that i just bought a vehicle 90 days ago. and i am having problems with it already. the belt is squealing horribly and if that ain't the worst of it, when i opened the hood you can see the fan and all the way back wobbling. causing a horrible sound almost sounds like a grinding noise. I don't think i can get it to a dealer to work on it . Is there way that i could fix it myself........................

- , Columbus Jct, IA, USA

Nov 162006

Durango SLT 5.2L

THE TRUCK WOULD MAKE SKREEECHING SOUNDS UNDER THE HOOD I COULDN'T STAND IT..... POWER STEERING PUMP AND NEW BELT....

- , Rockville Center, NY, USA

Sep 272006

Durango SLT

I have taken it to 3 different garages and to a custom Dodge motor-heads and still nobody can figure out what this squeak is. I have replaced the alternator, water pump, belts, pulleys and the bearrings and nothing has worked. When the truck is cold it squeaks when I idle but when its been running for a while it will stop when the truck stops, as soon as I step on the gas it squeaks and it continues to as long as I'm accelerating. Its not hurting the truck but its a pain in the ass to listen to. If anyone might know what the hell it is please feel free to give some advice, I will try whatever it takes, I love my Dodge..

- , Toronto, Ontario, Canada