7.6

2. replaced upper ball joints (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Durango suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Durango:

2000 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Durango RS 4.7L

Front end has banging noise on every turn and every bump, Dodge said they only do the recall once. When my front end falls off, then I call the lawyer.

- , Toms River, NJ, USA

Apr 042010

Durango SLT 5.9L

YEAH ONCE AGAIN THE HOLIDAY TRUCK STARTED ANOTHER PROBLEM!!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A DRIVE BY SHOOTING!!! UGHHH EVERYONE STAYS CLEAR FROM ME ON THE ROAD! THIS THING JUST STARTS VIBRATING, JERKS, SHAKES AND MAKES LOUD BANGING SOUNDS!!! I PULLED UP AT WORK MY CO-WORKERS RAN OUT AND THOUGHT THERE WAS AN ACCIDENT IN THE PARKING LOT!!! HUNK OF JUNK!!!! I'm new to the suburbs... what a way to make an impression DODGE!!!!

- , Chalfont, PA, USA

Nov 062006

Durango SLT 5.9L V8

At 40,000 miles, I have abnormal tire wear and popping sounds again. The dealer says they will check it out again, but will charge $85 if it is not recall related. I will be towing a 6500lb camper in 2 weeks and am a little worried. I can look at the wheels and tell there is too much positive camber.

- , Port Neches, TX, USA

Jul 282006

Durango SLT

I purchased this SUV brand new and within a few months I head popping noises coming from the front tires, I took back in and they said that the factory did not grease the joints. After several other instances, they finally said the ball joints were bad and replaced them. Then it started all over and I had to have them replaced again along with the arm. In all I have taken it in at least 5 times for the same issue. Now that my warranty has expired, they need replacing again and Dodge will not give me any service allowance for repairs. I have complained the them about this to no avail. There was a letter sent out over a year ago extending the warrany on ball joints to 100,000, which I already had and it has expired. the last time I had them changed was at 90,000 miles and now I have 125,000 and they are bad again... If this is not a sign of a major defect I dont know what is and they wont issue a recall even though there have been several complaints. My only choice now is to try and have it declared a Lemon.

- , Mesquite, TX, USA

Mar 202006

Durango SLT\+

Ball Joint failure.... all ball joints had to be replaced

- , Alton, IL, USA