2. replace the fan clutch, but they do not make them anymore (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Durango AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Durango:

2001 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 242011

Okay my August complaint....driving back from a long trip hear a funny sound, smell something burning...ohhhh AC blowing hot air. GOt it the 1200 km home drove back and firth to work waiting for the auto apt today...yesterday truck stops, no belt broke and on fire. Now towed it to our friendly neighborhood mechanic who cringes every time I bring in this monstrosity. Well we THOUGHT reparis would be around 1200.00 now we have learned that the part we need is not even made anymore and the part alone is 1000.00. Dilemma: get a use one get it in and drive the truck until the next problem (the rate we are going should be around September 15) or put the money into a good old FORD?

- , Terrrace,, British Columbia, canada

Jul 242011

Durango 5.9L

It's awful hot in August to have no air blowing up front. It works in the back but that's not enough to cool the front. I think the problem has to be in the switch because the 1st time it did it the air was working fine then day before on high only( had been working on high only for a long time) but when I got in the next morning it would not blow air or heat at all. Then one day I was coming back from town and half way back it worked but then wouldn't the next day. I rode around for about 3 1/2 hours paying bills one day and sweated my ass off just for the blower to kick in as soon as I pulled in to my driveway. HELP PLEASE!

- , Chatsworth, GA ( Georgia ), USA

Sep 132009

Durango SLT 4.7L V8

SO... when I'm driving any speed, my A/C works great, sometimes too cold. But as soon as I'm stuck in traffic, it's starts to get warm. Very irritating in a tropical climate.

- , Koloa, HI, USA