$3,800.00

1. replace clutch (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Durango clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Durango:

2001 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Apr 292009

Durango SLT V8

I GOT THE DURANGO LATE LAST YEAR WHEN EVERYTHING WORKED FINE MY AUTO TECH EVEN LOOKED IT OVER BEFORE THE PURCHASE! BY THE TIME APRIL ROLLED AROUND I NOTICED THAT THE DURANGO WOULD "JERK" FROM TIME TO TIME SO I TOOK IT IN FOR SERVICE. (UNFORTUNATELY FROM THE DEALERSHIP IN WHICH I GOT IT) AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO DRIVE IT FOR A COUPLE DAYS THEY HANDED THE KEYS BACK SAYING NOTHING WAS WRONG IT WAS NORMAL, BUT THEY DID SAY THEY GOT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO TURN OFF.

TWO WEEKS LATER AS I WAS DRIVING 35 MPH THE VEHICLE STOPPED MOVING WITH MY FOOT ON THE GAS. I HAD TO HAVE THE DURANGO TOWED TO AN AUTO TECH WHOM I SHOULD;VE TAKEN IT TO IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY TOLD ME IT WAS THE CLUTCH INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH FRIED! SO IT WOULD COST $3,800 TO FIX. AFTER READING SOME OTHER SITES I LEARNED THAT THIS IS REOCCURRING WITH WITH ALL YEARS OF THE DURANGO! WHAT A WASTE. THE DURANGO WAS ONLY WORTH $6,500 WHEN I GOT IT AND NOW I HAD TO PUMP ANOTHER $4,000 TO FIX IT!!!!! WHAT A F*CKIN JOKE!

- , Greeley, CO, USA