2001 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Durango:

2001 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Feb 012015

Durango RT 5.9L

I'm going to add another story to this ever going soap drama, ''the days of our no-bus'' happened to me while with my 2 boys. Truck shuts off in the middle of the road and took a hour to restart. With no immediate fix, no mechanic to call and say '' I think my battery or my alternator went out''. No one carries PCM and, for one, they are not cheap...Calling the dealer doesn't help, they want me to keep throwing money at it until we figure out what's wrong...no way... I've read countless posts on numerous sites and I can only imagine all the ones not reported.

But Chrysler Dodger, whoever needs to address this, don't wait for a fatality to occur to fix it.

I've been told it can be

PCM-obviously crankshaft sensor camshaft sensor ignition coil map sensor iac valve tps sensor iat sensor

It goes on and on ....

Did I mention I rebuilt the engine at 97,000 miles, oh I didn't right ? Well yes, I did due to sludge that forms in these engines no matter how well you maintain them...

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA