1. replaced with aftermarket pads and rotors (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Durango brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Durango:

2002 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jan 102005

At state inspection, I was quite miffed when the dealer told me that I needed new brakes and new rotors on my 2 year old Durango at only 15,000 miles. Not surprised by the need for pads, but to hear that the rotors were "rotted and pitted" beyond repair was a surprise. I have owned many cars, trucks and SUVs in my life, and never had to have new rotors before 75k miles, and never unless the pads were worn down to the point of scoring them. Skeptical, I took it to my own mechanic and got the same news. Needless to say, I would not use Dodge parts to replace, so I let my mechanic do it instead of the dealer.

- , Allison Park, PA, USA