2003 Dodge Durango body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 112005

Durango SXT 4x4

The driver's door on my vehicle is seemingly loose on the frame. While driving, there is a metallic clank from the door when going over certain bumps or dips in the road. I troubleshooted the problem trying to determine what it was, and when I drove with the door ajar I noticed it would shake and shimmy violently in the door frame. I took a folded t-shirt and placed it such that it lays in the bottom of the door frame, partly on the door sill. Now, when I close the door and drive, the noise is gone. The t-shirt acts as a shim to prevent the door from shaking in the door frame. Pretty sad for a 2 year old truck with only 28K miles. The t-shirt solution works, so I haven't bothered to have the dealer work on it. They would probably make the problem worse.

- , Gilbertsville, PA, USA