$1,000.00

2003 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 082014

Durango Sport/SXT 4.7L

This vehicle stalled during a thunderstorm 55 miles from one town and 58 miles from the next closest town at 10:00 pm.I was driving 60 mph with cruise set when vehicle suddenly started losing speed and then down, shifted causing rpms to jump up. I had the gas pedal pushed to the floor but nothing. It was down-pouring and there was no shoulder to pull onto. This was in the pan handle part of Nebraska so there were hills. I was stranded on the highway and my cell phone had no service. I had never been on this highway which added to my distress. I was afraid to pull off into the mud and afraid to stay on the road for fear a vehicle would come up over the hill and rear end me.

We were stuck there over 2 hours before the vehicle would actually start and stay running. This is crap. I have replaced the IAC sensor, TPS sensor, MAF sensor, CMP sensor, EGR sensor, spark plugs, fuel cap, battery, and the high pressure power steering hose. These repairs have cost around $1000 total and still I have same issue. I have never owned a Chrysler/Dodge before and I guarantee I never will again! I would rather junk it then pass it onto someone else.

Oh, the driver seat moves forward and backward when I decrease and increase speed. WTH is wrong with company's today that allow faulty products to remain on the road. Don't these company's have any shame? I can tell you I will never take this vehicle on the highway again.

- , Lincoln, NE, USA