8.0

2003 Dodge Durango lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Feb 212011

Durango SLT 5.9L V8

A couple of weeks ago my headlights, dashboard lights and dome lights started flickering on and off. A "ding" sound came out of the dashboard like the low fuel light does, but no warning lights came on. It started doing it about 15 minutes into my drive home, but it wasn't constant. Two weeks later, it started about 5 minutes after I turned on the headlights. On my way home from picking up kids from daycare it did it constantly, but didn't make the "dinging" sound, and the cars coming from the other direction kept slowing down like I was warning them of a policeman with his radar on. It's starting to tick me off. I don't know if the headlights are going to go out or what!

- , Rocky Mt., MO, USA

Jul 172010

Durango SLT 4.7L V8

After about 15 minutes of driving one night there were clicking sounds and the interior and exterior lights started flickering. Kept getting worse the longer we drove. Took it to the shop the next day and they couldn't find anything wrong. Next time we drove at night, same thing. Took it back to the shop, still couldn't find the problem so they did an internet search and found that this model has issues with the central timing module. There was a recall but our VIN # was not included. Dealership charges $550 to fix.

- , Leander, TX, USA