8.0

2003 Dodge Durango transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jun 122010

Durango SLT 5.7L V8

It feels like it is going to fall apart driving down the road. I don't know exactly if it is the tranny or the engine. It feels as if it is out of gas and the engine is going to die. I thought maybe I had clogged fuel injectors so I put injector cleaner in it and that didn't fix it. It shifts really hard when I accelerate then it jerks several times then it will not jerk then it will jerk. When I let off the gas pedal it doesn't do it. When I put on the cruise control it doesn't due it either. I am going to call the Dodge dealer to get it diagnosed, I guess. I just hope it won't cost a fortune.

- , Rocky Mt., MO, USA

May 232007

Durango SLT 4.7

I bought the best damn warranty you could get,, bumper to bumper for 85,00 miles,,, at 20,000 it fell apart,, see my other complaints for details. But the tranny started to act funny by slipping when I would try to pass or accelerate. I said sh*t,, I have a warranty,, Ill take it in and have all 6 of the major problems fixed,, see other complaints. Dodge Durango is a pile of sh*t.. Any way the Cashman dodge Las Vegas told me all the items are covered including the tranny. Well 4 days laeter they call and say they have the tranny out and it needs a lot of work,, but unless I could prove that the tranny was serviced at 30,000 they couldnt honor the warranty. I said fine,, I will come in and pick it up and go elsewhere,, and that is when they informed me that my tranny was already tore down and it would cost 4,000 to fix it,, so I said put it back in and they said they would not put it back together for me... The reason they claimed the baad tranny on no service and they could see that the factory filter was still in it. I said then when you saw the filter was going to void out the warrenty, why tear the tranny all down, just stop and put the pan back on.,, why go any further??Long story short,, they put all my parts in a box and put them in the back of my truck and told me to get a tow truck. So i got my truck back in a box ,, every gear every gasket... Pure hell Dodges suck bug time.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Nov 122005

Durango

dealer service said could find nothing wrong. This has happened about ten times sinve I've bought the vehicle new.

- , Green Bay, WI, USA