2.8

2003 Dodge Durango wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Durango:

2003 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 102013

Durango

Hit a severe bump in road which broke the steel cable that holds the spare tire under the car body. Cable was likely corroded. Tire discharged from under the vehicle, struck pavement, and bounced 15-20 feet into the air repeatedly nearly striking the vehicle following me. Luckily tire ended up in ditch before causing accident. Retaining clamp is lost. Suspect the potential for this situation exists with any Durango or Dakota of this vintage.

- Avon, IN, USA

Nov 072008

Durango

I noticed my tires were not wearing evenly and I felt and heard a "clunk" noise every time I back out of my parking spot at work. The dealership inspected and said that the upper and lower ball joints of the right and left wheels of my 2003 Dodge Durango must be replaced. I see there are recalls for all previous year Durangos but not the 2003"?" the dealership refused to pay for my replacement. I replaced the left side as they were actually broke, my right side still needs to be replaced and are loose and near failure. I request that Dodge reimburse me for the repair as well as replace for free the right side. I would also like two new tires as they now need to be replaced due to the uneven wear and tear.

- Kent, WA, USA

Sep 302008

Durango

Found a flat tire this morning and noticed that the flat was due to the tire wall separating from the rest of the tire my SUV only has 30,000 miles on it and all 4 of the tires are doing this on an even seam around the entire tire. The tires were manufactured in 2002. The tires are practically new due to the about of tread left on them. I feel this causes a serious safety issue as the tires could fail at any moment.

- Parkville, MD, USA

Aug 032007

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2003 Dodge Durango. In Dec. 2006 the original tires walls started to separate from the tread to the point that it was a complete ring around the tire showing the treads. I had to pay the difference of tread wear to replace the tires after arguing with a Goodyear dealer. On Aug. 3 2007, I was riding on 495 doing the 65 mile speed limit when the tire started to bubble, smoke and then proceed to shred. I took the vehicle to a Goodyear dealer who started to refuse to replace the tire at their cost because he said the replacement tire was replaced with the same recalled/defective tire. I now have 5 tires that are starting to have little blisters all over the wall of the tires. I am in no position to pay to replace these tires with another kind or brand. I want these tires replaced with something that is not going to kill us one day. Or give me the money to buy a different brand.

- Berlin, MD, USA

Aug 042003

Durango 8-cyl

I purchased a 2003 Dodge Durango. Within 20 minutes of completion my 1st tire blew out. The dealer (clear lake Dodge, houston, Texas) replaced the tire free of charge. At approximately 12K on a trip to new orleans my right front tire blew out and I almost lost control of vehicle. My youngest son suffers from asthma and had an asthma attack on I-10 to new orleans. I calmed him down with no medication (nebulizer requires electricity). When I returned to houston, I contacted discount tire which warranties Goodyear tires and was informed that I had jumped a curb causing damage to my tires. I purchased my 3rd tire along with road hazard because all representatives blamed my driving habits on me, even though I have never experienced these problems before. My vehicle now has over 50K miles and all of my tires are wearing. The belt is showing on all 4 tires. I am seeking arbitration.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 132004

Durango

The rear passenger and rear driver side tires had tread separation.

- Barksdale Afb, LA, USA

Dec 252003

Durango

While driving rear driver's side tire blew out and hit the brake line. As a result, the brakes became inoperative.

- Palm Beach, FL, USA