- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 6 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 7 days ago
- June 19: Dodge Dart Transmission Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Grand Caravans Over Airbag Problems recalls | 37 days ago
- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 75 days ago
2004 Dodge Durango
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
Worst 2004 Durango electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- battery drain when parked9
- water intrusion in the junction block8
- various electrical issues5
- difficulty starting3
- dash light illumination stopped working1
- erratic electrical after rain1
- fuse box shorting out1
- NHTSA: Electrical System149
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash17
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring7
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition6
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.