- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Alternators That May Cause Fires recalls | 5 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 39 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 68 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 82 days ago
2004 Dodge Durango
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.
Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?
Worst 2004 Durango seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Air Bags102
- NHTSA: Seat Belts8
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal5
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front2
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module1
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Side/Window1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Anchorage1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear: Buckle Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Durango Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Durango compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Durango overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Durango.