CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.

The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have caught on fire.

Have we mentioned all the reports of complete engine failure due to oil sludge?

2004 Dodge Durango seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Durango:

2004 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Oct 012015

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

2004 Dodge Durango. Consumer writes in regards to passenger side airbag and front brake issues. The consumer stated the driver's side air bag was replaced. However, the part was not available for the passenger side.

- East Quogue, NY, USA

Jun 012015

- East Point, MI, USA

Dec 042006

Durango

I was driving my wife to work that morning, it was a bright clear day. I was parked half out of garage. As my wife came out of the laundry room I touched the gas to pull forward. However this did not happen, SUV revved all the way up and would not rev down. I tried to apply brakes but they did not work. I came within a foot of killing my wife. To make this so bad I complained about this before so has my wife. My SUV literally went through 3 walls and several rooms. I have 3 disk fused in my neck and several of the screws are broke. I can live being a cripple but I cant live with out my wife. Chrysler had independent inspector take a look at it. I told him it was at Eagle paint and body, and did he need me to stop all repairs. He told me know he could get his data from computer. The Chrysler legal team sent ne a nasty letter stating that I hade moved the vehicle and they were no longer responsible. I even tried to call Chrysler back to tell them the SUV did the same thing, but they informed me legal took over the case and they needed no other data from me. Just one thing when this happens again and kills myself, my family or a bus of kids. Who will be going to jail for the rest of there life.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Sep 042015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact stated that the failure recurred intermittently. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags). The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer where the recall repair was remedied; however, the remedy failed to correct the failure. The failure mileage was not available. Updated 11/19/15

- Whitney, TX, USA

Sep 022015

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags), however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure....updated 01/06/2016 the consumer stated the work was completed. Updated 01/11/16.

- Independence , MO, USA

Jan 022015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V770000 (air bags) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bridgewater, VA, USA

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time of the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Middletown, NJ, USA

Mar 102015

Durango

This vehicle was recalled in February 2015 I have contacted dealer twice to set up repair they say they will call me back when they get the parts I never hear back from them they keep saying they don't have parts last call was 9-10-2015 same story dealer is ed voyles Chrysler Jeep Dodge 789 cobb pkwy SE marietta, ga 877-225-3721

- Marietta, GA, USA

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The consumer stated the vehicle would not start at times, and the only way to get it to start, was to pump the gas. Updated 12/09/15. *

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Feb 042015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated sporadically. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts needed were not available. The dealer stated that the parts were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the recall part. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Springfield , OH, USA

Jun 042015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Aug 242015

Durango

Drivers side air bag warning light is illuminating off and on. Due to the serious nature of the recall and inability to have it repaired I will no longer be able to drive the vehichle. How long do we have to wait for a resolvement?

- Linwood, NJ, USA

Mar 172015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. While driving at approximately 35 mph approaching a curve, the contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the head, neck, back, and spine which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Empire, AL, USA

Aug 182015

Durango

I am merely reaching out to you due to continuous ads about recalls on my particular make of automobile. I would like to know what the proper procedure would be to get the housing and/or airbag replaced?

- West Memphis, AR, USA

Aug 172015

Durango

While operating the vehicle I noticed the airbag light had come on for no reason. I remembered the notification to contact someone about this recall. I was only a few minutes from home so nothing serious happened. Also, two days prior to driving it today I had it parked at my moms while we drove out of town, so maybe the excessive heat had something to do with it.

- Seaford, DE, USA

Aug 122015

Durango

I have contacted Dodge about the airbag recall and all they tell me is the parts are not available for this vehicle and keep pushing back the date they say it will be available. What the use of having a vehicle that can potentially be dangerous for my family and I this has been going for a little while now how are they not force to fix all the vehicles right away. Is it because its an american vehicle and not foreign vehicle smh.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Shamburg, IL, USA

Jul 172015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Amelia, OH, USA

Mar 082015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Feb 042015

Durango

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V770000 and 15V313000 (air bags) and stated that the parts needed for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA