- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 9 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 23 days ago
- July 7: Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Stratus Recalled to Fix Sun Visors recalls | 50 days ago
- July 2: Chrysler Recalls 37,000 Vehicles Over Transmission Pumps recalls | 55 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 59 days ago
Keyless Entry Stopped Working
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- Dodge needs to admit the defect and save the cost to fix it (1 reports)
accessories - exterior problem