Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.

The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.

2005 Dodge Durango accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Durango:

2005 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Nov 012012

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Durango. While refueling the vehicle, fuel suddenly overflowed from the fuel intake hole. The manufacturer was notified. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V003000 (fuel system). The contact also indicated that the windshield wiper motor was inoperable. The cause of the failures were not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Morganville, NJ, USA

Jul 152014

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

Wiper assembly broken driver side doesn't move anymore.

- Cridersville, OH, USA

Feb 132014

Durango 8-cyl

I was driving in a straight line when it started to down pour. I turn the wipers on high and the drivers side wiper stopped moving and got tangled with the passenger side wiper which remained functional. Dealer informs me over the phone that the repair will be between $450 to $500.

- Concord, NH, USA

Aug 012013

Durango 8-cyl

2 problems: 1) even though our local dealership is insistent that we don't have a recall, I can see a recall on your page about windshield wiper motors. Our wipers come on every time we start the vehicle, and they work sporadically. Sometimes while they're on, they won't come on at all, as mentioned in the recall information. Why isn't mine covered? 2) biggest problem: Several times (upwards of ten times) I have been going slow, usually making a turn, and my engine stalls. I have to turn the key off and then restart, and I'm okay again. Took it to a mechanic in the last part of July/first part of August last year, and he replaced the fuel pump. It didn't occur again until December, while we were on vacation- we were slowly going up a hill and it stalled. Had to turn the key off and then re-start it. It hadn't done it again until a couple days ago. It did it three times in one day, then has been doing it each day since. I'm really afraid that the Durango is going to die in the middle of traffic and I'll get hit. I have four young kids, and I am panicked thinking about having to drive it with them inside, because I'm afraid that we're going to get hit and hurt. It's so scary that I'm tempted to trade it in- though I can't really afford it, we just bought this thing used last year. I'm wondering if it did this for the previous owners as well. There are complaints all over the internet about this same problem, but no fix for it. Even if I could get a mechanic to tell me what it is and fix it, I'd do that, but nobody seems to know what the answer is. It's obviously a huge safety issue!! please help!!

- Riverton, WY, USA