- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 4 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 18 days ago
- June 3: Chrysler Recalls Vans, SUVs and Trucks in 4 Recalls recalls | 22 days ago
- May 30: Chrysler Recalls 4.3 Million Takata-Infected Vehicles recalls | 26 days ago
- May 6: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Journeys To Fix Power Steering Fluid Leaks recalls | 50 days ago
Clunking Or Tapping Noise Under Floorboard
CarComplaints.com Notes: The second generation Durango was introduced in 2004 and instantly came under fire for, well, catching on fire.
From 2004-2006 electrical overloading in the driver's side instrument panel caused numerous reports of interior fires. The interior infernos became so commonplace that Chrysler eventually issued a recall.
The problems didn't stop there, however. Owners of the recalled vehicles complained about being treated unfairly and given take-it-or-leave-it low ball settlement offers. "They offered me $2000 under NADA retail as a settlement," said one owner, "and have been rude and hostile to deal with." Nothing says awesome service like treating your customers rudely after their cars have already caught on fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 32,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
exhaust system problem