2006 Dodge Durango brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Durango:

2006 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Dec 142015

While driving, my vehicle is switching into 4-lock on its own. The light comes on and all wheels start turning together. Has one time made it so it wouldn't move. Had to turn off and restart vehicle. Has happened when I was driving slowly on city street. Happened another time, 4-lock lights flashing and moaning sound of tires moving at same time. Did shut off on its own.

- Batavia, OH, USA

Mar 182009

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

1st time turned truck off got out keys in hand shut door heard shifting from undertruck, .truck was empty and no keys.. 2nd.on hwy going 65 came to exit.slowed down to 35 service 4 wheel drive lite came on then went to turn a right hand turn and truck shifted into four low. Happened again while towing my trailer..been doing this everyday now shifts into 4 lo easily now and stays foelonger4 periods of vtime.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Jul 012010

Durango 8-cyl

I have a 2006 Dodge Durango limited with a 5.7 hemi engine. My issues is with the esp (traction control). The esp light is coming on and the esp is engaging when making turns (left & right). It also feels extremely lose at speeds over 45 mph. When on the freeway it feels like I am driving on ice and if I hit a bump, it kicks the vehicle to the left or right, sometimes close to going into the adjacent lane. When I try to correct this act by steering back into the lane, the esp is engaging. When the esp engages it cause the wheel its engaging on to start braking. It is very scary when going 65-70 mph, with lose steering and one side of your vehicle begins to brake. I feel very unsafe driving with my kids in the truck. Now this is confusing since it says in the handbook that the esp is always on and to turn it off you have to push the button on the center console which inturn will display the light on the dash. I have to push the button and have it turned of at all times so that the vehicle drives in a manageable way. I have looked online and noticed several complaints regarding the esp engaging on turns for no reason. It happens at speeds of 5pmh, 20mph and all the way up to 75mph. I sent the vehicle into the dealership, they kept it for a week and a half and returned it saying that they couldn't fix it and were not exactly sure why its doing it. I have already contacted an attorney for the behavior of the management and their unwillingness to correct the issues even though I have a warranty and they sold the vehicle to me like this 3 months ago. I would appreciate if this issue could be looked into, thank you worried Dodge owner.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA