2006 Dodge Durango fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Durango:

2006 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Nov 202016

Durango

This incident has occured twice on me since purchase of a used 2006 Durango. On 11/20/16 I stop at gas station to fill the Durango up with gas. I place the nozzel into gas tank select my grade of gas & put nozzle into auto fill. Upon tank becoming full of gas the gas nozzel shut off & afterwards gas began to spewed out of tank, sometime with high pressure & sometimes in low pressure spray. Gas continued to flow out of tank for about 6 seconds onto the ground. Vehical was stationary at the fuel pump.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Nov 022016

Durango

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Durango. While the vehicle was stationary, the fuel tank spilled fuel onto the ground. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 117,000.

- Leeds, AL, USA

Aug 262016

Durango

I am experiencing a problem with the engine cutting off in full drive situations, all of sudden my check engine light pops up and that's my pre warning that my truck is getting ready to turn off. It is hesitant sometimes and waits till I am complete stop or sometimes it totally shuts down while driving in traffic. Very scary.

- Tolleson, AZ, USA

Aug 052016

Durango

The fuel tank check valve has completely failed just like thousands of other Durangos. There is significant (12-16 ounces) gas blowback when the fuel reaches a near full level during refueling. I have tried stopping the pump several times to allow the fuel to settle, different brands of gas and different filler handle positions. The only thing that can prevent this is not filling the tank more than 3/4 full.

- Prospect, CT, USA

Dec 192013

Durango

I am having fuel fillig problems with the gas overflowing when I fill it its been about 43 years I did not know who to tell until now but online research point S a possible answer which is "the fuel overflow problem is caused by the fuel tank filler check valve" it also consume a lot of gas just going down the street.

- Searsport, ME, USA

Jul 152008

Durango

When ever you try and fill the gas tank, when it get full it blows all over the place. You try and clean if off but it still has ruined the paint and a couple pair of gloves, that smell never comes out of clothes. This all started at or around 40,000 miles and have been dealing with it for 110,000 miles now.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Jun 012016

Durango

When filling with fuel to full capacity, it spews fuel out on my clothes and shoes and down the side of the Durango. It does not matter what fuel station I go to, it does the same thing.

- Fostoria, OH, USA

Jun 142010

Durango

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Durango. Whenever the contact refueled the vehicle to its full capacity, fuel would spew out onto the ground and the contact's clothing. In addition, the engine warning indicator illuminated continuously when the vehicle was operable. The contact replaced the fuel cap; however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 192016

Durango

When refueling the vehicle, fuel will spew from the filler inlet when the gas pump stops filling. I understand this was a recall on the 2005 model. Dodge will not address this, stating that my vehicle is out of warranty.

- Bellevue, ID, USA

May 202016

Durango

When filling the fuel tank gas spews out the fill port once the tank is full

- Lincoln City, IN, USA

Mar 012009

Durango

When refueling fuel shoots out of gas tank. Mechanism doesn't shut off when full. I consider this very dangerous. It originally occurred about 2 months after the mfgr warranty expired and no recall was made with this year model. Very frustrating as well. Occurs while sitting still next to gas pump, engine off.

- Tool, TX, USA

Feb 192016

Durango

The gasoline spews out at you before the gas tank is full. So if you are unaware, not paying attention, or just completely forget you end up in a bath of gasoline. So now possibly your shoes clothes and hands have gas on them. Hopefully you don't plan on lighting a cigarette afterward. (I don't smoke) but I do care not to wear gasoline or have to breathe the fumes in my really nice mopar. Super problematic for the owners afflicted with this problem I hope Chrysler does the right thing and recalls the affected vehicles.

- Shoreham, VT, USA

Nov 052007

Durango

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Durango. When attempting to refuel the vehicle, fuel spewed out. The failure recurred each time the contact attempted to refuel the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Brook Haven, PA, USA

Mar 102015

Durango

Gasoline overflows from filler neck when filling fuel tank. A considerable amount of gasoline overflows after gasoline pump shuts off.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Feb 142016

Durango

Bought a used. 2006 Dodge Durango. First time wife filled tank fuel erupted from fill spout covering her head to foot in gas. Next week I tried filling tank. Again fuel spewed from the filler neck. The pump shuts off automatically then boom. 1/2 to 1 gallons of gasoline is on the ground, side of vehicle and myself. We can only put partial tanks of gas in at a time. As with all refueling trips the vehicle was parked, engine off, sitting beside the pump. The 2005 Durangos were recalled. Why not this year also. Dealer claims warranty work was completed and will only look at vehicle if they charge a fee. This is a vehicle " checked out " by dealer before sale. Apparently they don't care about our safety or the hazard to the environment when close to a gallon in fuel gets dumped on the ground every time it's filled.

- Franklinville, NC, USA

Feb 012016

Durango

Upon filling the vehicle with fuel it will spit back a considerable amount of fuel after pumping has stopped full. Its amazing that a recall was issued for the 2005 Durango for this problem and not the 2006. A quick google search shows the scale of the continued fueling problem on Durangos. This problem has been occurring over the past 2 years at multiple gas stations.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jan 302016

- Hutchinson, MN, USA

Oct 152014

Durango

When refueling the vehicle and filling the tank to full or near full, when the fuel nozzle shuts off automatically, fuel will spray out of the filler neck all over the side of the vehicle and all over the ground and the driver. Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 gallon of fuel will be expelled from the tank. This started after I had about 75000 miles on the vehicle. It will happen every time I fill the car up. As a result I can only fill the tank about 3/4 full. The fuel has destroyed the paint on the side of the car. I have had to drive 20 miles home soaked in gasoline after this has happened. I'm glad no one flipped a cigarette in my direction!

- Glen Rock, PA, USA

Nov 012013

Durango

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that when attempting to refuel the vehicle, the fuel was spewing out. The contact mentioned that he had to listen to when he thought the tank was going to be full to stop fueling. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer however the contact could not recall the diagnosis. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Three Rivers, MI, USA

Dec 182015

Durango

Each time I fill up my gas tank when the pump kicks off gas spills out of the tank onto the ground. The car was parked and off

- Rosedale, MD, USA