8.7

2006 Dodge Durango transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Durango:

2006 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jun 182006

Durango

I have a 2006 Dodge Durango which I bought new I took the truck in for a clunking sound from the transmission or rear end at 10,000 miles the dealer said that the sound was normal now at 42,000 miles it is getting louder and more frequent I took it back in and was told it is normal I went on Dodge forums and found several other complaints similar to mine my personal mechanic test drove it and said it was not normal and to take it back to the dealer he thinks it is either the transfer case or transmission.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Apr 152008

Durango 8-cyl

Purchased 2006 Dodge Durango June, 2007 August, 2007-vehicle started violently jerking -engine light came on-was told it was the cam sensor. Instrument cluster also defective and replaced. Electrical problem, causing door locks to malfunction replaced. December 6, 2007, car jerking again-engine light came on - drove it to the dealership - was told it was the transmission- front pump and torque converter replaced. December 18, 2007 mileage not reading accurately-told that the instrument cluster that was installed in August was "faulty?. replaced again. January 2, 2008, vehicle violently jerking again- dying in the road, if over 40mph. Engine light on-dealer replaced the cam sensor. -very hesitant that my car was become a threat. February 22, 2008, vehicle jerking, then died on the road at 45mph -able to start it, drove to the dealer-was told it was the PCM. PCM replaced -cam sensor also. Complained to Chrysler, trying to get answers for this ?lemon?. was told this time that they were 100% they fixed the problem. Dealer gave me written ?good will? extended warranty on my vehicle for 5,000 extra miles. April 15, 2008. Traveling 45mph- car started violently jerking again and died in the middle of the highway. Power steering gone- struggled to veer of and slow down, losing control. This time, a bus was behind me and swerved, laid on the horn and avoided hitting me. Was able to make it to the shoulder of the road-called the dealership. Towed my car. Have had enough of this vehicle -will not put my family in danger one more time!!!!. need to be free and clear of all financial responsibility of this car. Dealer now tells me that they are ?hard-wiring? the PCM directly to the cam sensor. They told me that there is a ?glitch" within the wiring that they will simply bypass by putting in a direct connection, thus manipulating original wiring codes.. I will not put myself and 3 children in this situation again, and refuse to pick up my vehicle!

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 012006

Durango 8-cyl

This is my second complaint. My 2006 Durango seems to not want to change gears. It seems to do it more frequently when the air is on. However, it does it way too often when the air isn't on. It seems like a big jerk, and it takes it a minute to get into the gear. Especially when I try to speed up. It happens on short trips as well as on the interstate. It makes me feel like the transmission is about to fall out. I love my car. I have only had it a little over a year. However, if these problems continue, I will have no choice but to trade it. I have already had one recall on it for the instrument panel. I need to know if there is a recall on this problem. I have talked to other people who are having the same problems.

- Beckley, WV, USA

Jan 222007

Durango 6-cyl

- the contact bought a new 2006 Durango on 11/18/06 from towbin Dodge and she has been having problems since the purchase date. She took it back to the dealership four times for a shutter in the transmission when shifting gears at 10-15 mph. The failure has occurred four times. The dealer has had possession of the vehicle for 50 days and has not been able to repair the vehicle. She called the manufacturer, and they kept telling her to call the dealer, and the dealer told her to call the manufacturer. She requested a different Dodge Durango and they will not comply. Updated 2/27/2007 -

- Henderson, NV, USA