2007 Dodge Durango electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Durango:

2007 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jul 202015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the voltage light randomly flashed, which indicated there was a low charge. There was a drastic reduction in speed each time the warning lights randomly flashed. The contact also received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 16V352000 (air bags). The parts were not available within a reasonable time frame to receive the repairs. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Mar 132016

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the esp warning indicator illuminated as the vehicle shook. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clock spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also mentioned that the vehicle was serviced under a manufacturers air bag recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 128,000.

- Danielson, CT, USA

May 152015

Approached intersection to turn left, had left turn signal on, looked at insturmentation right turn signal was flashing.moved directional lever to right flash position, left signal started flashing, at the same time, wipers that were on delay, went to hi speed, with loss of all switch control. Had to turn off vehicle, and apon restart both systems returned to normal operation, this was ona dark rainy night, there is cause for concern.since I expierenced this 2 weeks earlier. And I have witnesses! and can't trust this vehicle

- Harrison Township , MI, USA

Jul 082013

While driving my 2007 Dodge Durango, the left turn signal, when applied, will flash in the cab and on the outside of the vehicle as right. It will malfunction from time to time by flashing back and forth left to right. Sometimes it will not work at all. For awhile it will work then the turn signal will start to flash in the wrong direction. This is very dangerous and places my family in serious danger of getting into an accident. The fuses and relays are working fine. The bulbs are fresh and new. This problem is from another failure

- Hacienda Heights, CA, USA

Jan 022013

My 2007 Durango has developed a turn signal problem where when the left turn signal is triggered, the right signal actually is operated indicated by inside and outside lights. This is verified by irate drivers letting me know!! this is a very serious safety problem and I can't believe there is no recall on this!

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 012012

Durango 8-cyl

I purchased my Durango Feb 2012 and 5 months later (Aug 2012) I have already experiancing problems. Every time I put gas in the SUV; when it gets close to full, no matter the speed of gas travel, it starts spewing out of the tank. I am also having a problem with the electrical system. I started the Durango and noticed the dash lights did not turn on. Tried turning the dimmer switch all the way up, still nothing happened. The interior lights did not even turn on. I also noticed the speedometer, gas gauge, RPM gauage or thermestate was not working. Then noticed the horn, windshield wipers, blinkers, dimmer switch, head lights, door locks, buttons located on the steering wheel (I.e. cruise control, radio volume and channel buttons and hazard lights) where not working. When any of the doors are open, the interior lights do not turn on. The compass is reading "no bus", which means it is not receaving any information from the instrument cluster. None of the computer information is desplaying either; such as, the compass, milage, door adjar indicator, ect. I also had the Durango hooked to a computer and it kept giving codes for items not working due to not receiving information from the instrument cluster. After getting this information, I started doing some research and found that the 2006 model had a recall on the instrument panel due to the same problems my 2007 model is experiancing. I also noticed that the recall was put out after the manufacter date of my vehicle. In my opinion the electrical panel for the 2007 Dodge Durango needs to be recalled as well. This is an expensive part to replace and as a single mother and this vehicle as our only means of transportation, it leaves us in quite the predicament. I feel this problem is a hazard to my children, my self and the public and needs to be taken care of immediately.

- Gulfport , MS, USA

Mar 012010

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

When using the blinker it commonly flashes the opposite direction being turned. Also frequently the windshield wipers will stop working and/or go from a fast setting to a slow setting.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Feb 152011

I will be driving and my 4WD lock will engage without me turning it on causing my tires to stick to the road. It prevents me from turning my steering wheel without the car acting like it is going tip over. It seems like the same problem that was experienced with the 2006 Dodge Durangos.

- Smyrna, DE, USA

Mar 112011

Turn signals began malfunctioning, and still are. When applying the left turn signal, nothing comes on. When applying the right turn signal, the left comes on. The windshield wipers come on sporadically, and will only go to a maximum speed of about 2 wipes per minute when they work at all. Bright lights will not come on at all, and when I depress the lever to turn them on, the wiper fluid squirts onto the windshield. The door locks also intermittently lock and unlock ten or fifteen times in a row by themselves at random times, both in idle and while in drive at various speeds.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Dec 072010

I recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Durango had it brought up on 12/1/2010. The tank was empty so I went to the local gas station to fill up. Let it shut off by itself when full and there was gas spilling out of the tank after it shut off. I assumed it was the pump. So few days later had to fill again it did it again different gas station. There is something seriously wrong with this tank and a really big safety concern for fire or if you don't clean the gas off the side of the vehicle near the tank right away. I am a mother of 2 small children and this terrifies me. My car has less then 36,000 miles and not even a true 3 years old this should still be considered a factory warranty issue or do the right thing and put as a recall. All you have to do is google this and there are hundreds to thousands with the same issue. here is a youtube video of the issue mine does as his does also. I just got this vehicle and not even driven more than 23 days and the fuel tank is messed up, and now the gas cap light is coming on and wont go off, and the malfunction light on the instrument panel is now coming on. I believe its all from this fuel tank issue. I cant afford an expense like this. No one could predict an issue like this.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Nov 202010

No incident to report. Turn signal malfunctioned when signaling left turn. Both signals flashed.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Sep 152010

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

2007 Dodge Durango limited, I'm having a issue with the blinkers. When you turn on to go left the blinker blinks right. To go right it goes left or completely stops working period. I've been told that it could possibly be the multi function switch. I took it to the Dodge dealership but at the moment the problem didn't exist. Therefore couldn't fix the problem. This is dangerous not to mention you get many ticked off drivers that don't understand what your doing. It makes me nervous to drive or come up to intersections. I have to very careful and make sure the blinker is blinking the right way so I don't cause an accident. I don't understand what the problem is or why I can months with out an issue and a day or two with problems.

- Andover, MN, USA

Jul 022007

Durango 8-cyl

1. passenger front window goes down by itself when driving as though someone has pushed the auto down control - but this is not the case. Have taken it to the dealer 3 times to be fixed. They said they reset the controls. It is happening again. I am now also experiencing issues with putting the vehicle in reverse. The car starts backing up then the goes into neutral automatically.

- N Richland Hills, TX, USA