2007 Dodge Durango seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Durango:

2007 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 012016

Durango

Nothing has happened yet on my vehicle. However recall S43 / NHTSA 16V-352 was released in July and Dodge still does not have parts to replace the passenger airbag and there is no status thru Dodge on when the parts will be available.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Durango

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Jul 012016

Durango

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Piney Creek, NC, USA

Aug 092016

Durango

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. While driving 70 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred a few times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering column clock spring failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Braselton, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Durango

My family was in a violent car accident involving our 2007 Dodge Durango. We were hit "head on " in the driver's side by an SUV going between 60-80 according to state police. The entire driver's side of the truck was completely caved in by the impact that included flying glass, metal fragments etc. The airbags did come out, but did not inflate and just came down like a "cape". they were useless in preventing any bodily injuries. My wife was driving and injured her left shoulder, her back and up into her neck. My daughter was in the back driver's side passenger seat and hurt her head pretty bad. I was in the front passenger seat and hurt my knee, wrist and shoulder. My son was in the back passenger seat and hurt his back. We were going 30 mph in right hand lane and the driver of the other car was speeding down the middle lane and lost control after clipping a car, several behind us. Witnesses say he was going 100 mph. We did not know there was a recall on the 07 Durango for airbags, and this could have been a fatal crash.

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA

May 132016

Durango

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Durango. After driving into a hole at 35 mph, the air bags deployed unexpectedly. The deployment caused the contact to crash into a telephone pole. A police report was filed. The driver sustained injuries to the chest, stomach, and left arm. The passenger sustained injuries to the right knee, hand, hip, and left knee that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 123,000. The VIN was not unavailable.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Mar 132016

Durango

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the esp warning indicator illuminated as the vehicle shook. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clock spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also mentioned that the vehicle was serviced under a manufacturers air bag recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 128,000.

- Danielson, CT, USA

Mar 162016

Durango

I called autonation Chrysler Dodge in centennial Colorado where I purchased my vehicle and they refused to fix my safety recall for a driver airbag inflator. They told me they didn't have time and I would have to leave my vehicle for days until they got around to it because their dealership isn't "a doctor's office!" I am appalled. I am pregnant and have a 4 year old daughter in this vehicle everyday. I can't just leave my car until they get around to it. Please help.

- Littleton, CO, USA

May 222015

Durango

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ault, CO, USA

Jun 012015

Durango

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) was received in June of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and there was not an estimated time for when the parts would be available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Danville, IL, USA

May 012015

Durango

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000(air bags) however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chittenango, NY, USA

Oct 032015

Durango

I received the recall notice from Fiat Chrysler automobiles for the airbags in May. The notice said that parts weren't available and that I would be notified when they were. I never heard from Dodge, so I called reno Dodge on October 3rd to request service. I was told that I would get a return call with more information. On October 9th, I still hadn't received a return call and called a second time. I was forwarded to the service department once again and left a message on their voicemail. This call was also not returned. On October 10th, I went on the web site and chatted with the online agent. I explained the situation and was told that I would receive a call from someone who could help me. I still have not received a call to remedy my recalled airbags.

- Sparks, NV, USA

May 292015

Durango

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bag)however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carson, CA, USA

May 272015

Durango

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Huffman, TX, USA

Feb 182015

Durango

I recieved a notification of a safety recall sometime in January, I called fury motors at South.saint.paul, mn, I was told the parts required to fix the recall is not available, that I will be contacted when the parts arrives, never hear anything back. I recieved second notification for the same problem this month, September, I called again, and I was given the same excuse that they gave in January

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jul 312015

Durango

We received a safety recall notice in late July (?) and my husband went to roy's grand Dodge to schedule an appointment. He was told it would be awhile until they could get to us because there were so many of the recalls. My husband returned to check on a date to have the recall fixed on August 28 and was told they could only do 3-4 recalls a week and they would get to us sometime. Over a month has passed since wanting to fix the recall and I am afraid to drive this Dodge. What happens if I have an accident in the Dodge before the air bag is repaired?

- Grand Island, NE, USA

Jun 052015

Durango

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Durango. While driving approximately 55 mph, the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed head on into a tree. The vehicle flipped over multiple times. During the crash, the front end of the vehicle sustained significant damage, but the neither the driver nor the passenger side air bags deployed. The driver sustained a fractured lumbar spine, a fractured sternum, and a fractured rib. The passenger sustained a fractured clavicle and rib. Both occupants received medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Keensburg, IL, USA

Jan 142015

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 6/8/15 the consumer also stated the engine oil pan, rusted out. Updated 06/18/15

- Benton, WI, USA

Mar 232015

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns 2004 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the driver was distracted and lost control of the vehicle. As a result, the driver crashed into a pole and the air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained head and neck injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000. Updated 5/18/15

- Sedro Woolley, WA, USA

Mar 112015

Durango 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure....updated 06-11-15 updated 11/23/2015

- Bloomington, MN, USA