3.2

2008 Dodge Durango suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Durango:

2008 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Durango 8-cyl

I purchased my 2008 Durango from herb chambers Feb 4, 2013 since then it has been in the shop for several suspension noises (at least 3 times) in Oct 2013 I brought my vehicle back in complaining that the suspension is noisy over all types of bumps. The technician checked it out and I was told that the stabilizer links needed to be replace and that they had to be ordered, that is when the waiting game started. I am still waiting on the links and my vehicle is getting worse to the point that when taking turns, going over bumps (big or small) there is tons of popping, cracking and excessive rattling happening. My tires are wearing and I am getting scared because I have also experienced issues when breaking with wheel lock up!! I have children that I am forever driving around to different sports games and dance competitions. I am really worried. I have a case with the customer assistance center for Chrysler but I just keep getting E mails telling me that there is still no known date as to when these backordered parts will be in and how sorry we are that they are not here as of yet, but that we will let you know as soon as they are in. I am having issues while driving and I want this fixed it is unfair that I purchase a vehicle and have had issues with it from the start and now this with no end in sight. They should be providing alternate transportation for those of us that are having this problem because it is a real safety issue and it is causing other issues with worn tires, alignment, and braking problems with the possibility of a roll over. The roads in Massachusetts are at their worst ever which make driving really bad to begin with so having a suspension problem with no fix in sight really stinks. Not feeling safe!!

- Beverly, MA, USA

Sep 072013

Durango 8-cyl

We were traveling thru a reduced speed area on a 4 lane highway at 50 mph when the vehicle went into what is known by me now as a "death wobble". I managed to keep it on the highway and pull off onto the left shoulder. I found the left tie rod had come apart so there was essentially no steering control. Luckily we had to slow down in the area as we were traveling at 70 mph a couple minutes earlier and had traveled thru quite a number of 2 lane construction zones with heavy traffic. Local Dodge dealers said there was no recall but this week I received a recall notice for this very problem on my 2003 Dodge 2500 truck. We know another couple this happened to from our town as well. I incurred a lot of expense over this and luckily there was no injuries but believe this is a wider problem than is realized.

- Minot, ND, USA

Jul 202012

Durango 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited X. the contact was driving 40 mph when she drove over a road bump and the vehicle began shaking abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The dealer was not able to diagnose the vehicle. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 36,000. Updated 08-23-12 the consumer stated the violent shaking is known as "death wobble". in an attempt to repair the vehicle the steering dampener and mounting brackets were replaced. Updated 09/04/2012

- Genoa , IL, USA