CarComplaints.com Notes: The third generation Durango is plagued by a defective TIPM, particularily in the 2011 and 2012 model years.

TIPM, which stands for Totally Integrated Power Modules, is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when your TIPM goes haywire, bad things start happening. Things like your water pump can stop working, your engine can stall out and your airbags can randomly deploy.

2011 Dodge Durango body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Durango:

2011 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Feb 132015

Durango

My wife was driving along with my 3 kids. Car burst into fire within seconds.right side just inside the fender.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Jan 112014

Durango

I was the extremely proud owner of a 2011 Dodge Durango. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. On January 11, 2014 while on our way home with our (2) children, we were heading down a mountain coming into a turn. It was foggy that night and unsure if there was ice on the road I was driving a maximum speed of 20 miles an hour. I drive this road every day, as I have for the past 25 years. When I started to apply my brakes, they locked up/grabbed at which point we started to gain speed and went directly into a guard rail ultimately totaling my vehicle. I thank all that is good in this world that no one was seriously injured, but extremely terrified and thankful that we were not going any faster. This was the worst night of my life as we stood in the middle of the night a long the road waiting for help. The psp did not show up for about 2 hours and once the tow truck got there we had to wait even longer. I have to ask myself if knowing about the possibility of brake corrosion may have prevented this accident. I know vehicles are replaceable, but as I said this was the best vehicle that I have ever had and I miss it to this day.

- Landisburg, PA, USA