CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.

TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.

The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.

2.5

2012 Dodge Durango brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Durango:

2012 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Dec 302014

Durango

I've had at least two things the Chrysler service department has not assured me I needed. A front end alignment done in NJ and a "bypass" fuel pump addition done at lustine?? I feel like car had a heart attack because of a computer sensor issue. Now they say its shaking and I need spark plugs and the dash is lit up but after the additional $3310..they are still not sure what's wrong with it or why it smells of gas except gas is on the spark plugs and shouldn't be and new ones will 'possibly' get me closer to finding out the issue(s) on my 2012 Durango. $325 NJ $476? lustine bypass $310 lustine sparkplugs not paid for yet total $1111 but we still not sure what's wrong.... this is criminal.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Oct 302014

Durango 6-cyl

In my 2012 Dodge Durango it was determined that there is a problem with the total integrated power module which is affecting the way the engine starts and gets fuel to the fuel pump. The repair cost is $1213.71. It is my understanding that there are hundreds of documented cases regarding this issue in the Chrysler line and nothing has been done to correct the problem. It is unfortunate that Chrysler is awaiting a tragedy to take place before they do what is right for the customer and fix the problem that has been reported. I understand that a class-action lawsuit has been filed to address this issue. I just want to go on record in the event that something detrimental happens to me or my family because of this recognized and publicly documented part failure.

- Apopka, FL, USA