- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 6 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 7 days ago
- June 19: Dodge Dart Transmission Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Grand Caravans Over Airbag Problems recalls | 37 days ago
- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 75 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
2012 Dodge Durango (Page 7 of 8)
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 8
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 39,327 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: