CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.

TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.

The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.

2.0

hardy worth mentioning

1. replace water pump (1 reports)
2012 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Durango:

2012 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Sep 012012

Durango Crew 5.7L V8

ONE DAY I OPENED THE CAR TO SEE THE ENGIN I FOUND WHITE COLOR LIQUID (DRY LIQUID) ON THE ENGINE. I VISIT THE SERVICES AND THE FOUND THE WATER PUMP IS LEAKING. THEY CHANGE IT.

- , Yanbu Industrial City, Medina/Weasteren, Saudi Arabia