- November 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos recalls | 15 days ago
- November 18: Dodge Dart Recalled to Fix Windshield Wiper Problems recalls | 16 days ago
- November 16: Lawsuit: Dodge Ram Trucks Emit Illegal Emissions news | 18 days ago
- November 14: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokees and Dodge Vipers recalls | 20 days ago
- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Alternators That May Cause Fires recalls | 46 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems
2012 Dodge Durango (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: When the 3rd-generation Durango was introduced in 2011 owners almost immediately started having a wide range of issues -- from water pump failure to stalling engines. Turns out the TIPM is to blame and those problems carried into the 2012 model year.
TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Modules) is responsible for controlling and distributing power to all the vehicle’s electrical functions. So when the TIPM starts acting up, so do all sorts of problems in the vehicle.
The problems have been so bad -- and replacement parts became so hard to find -- that a class-action lawsuit was filed against Chrysler focusing on the 2011-2012 Durango. The lawsuit accuses the automaker of ignorning the problem until it spiraled out of control.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 42,704 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
fuel system problem