2013 Dodge Durango brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Durango:

2013 Dodge Durango Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 032016

Durango

For the past 2 months we have been having problems with this vehicle it's been stalling on me, weather if we are on the highway or in town. Now the amazing thing is that it comes back on, on its own without us touching anything on it, but on the mean time we lose the brakes and steering control at high speed on the highway. The dealer has done all the recalls on it in the past two weeks and still can¿T find the problem. I think this is something the government needs to look into it before someone dies and mention this because on my way to san antonio the vehicle die on me at 75 miles an hour and I had my family with me that day¿ I did some research on this vehicle and it seems that there are way too many Dodge vehicles with this stalling problem and the dealers can¿T figure out what's with them¿

- Del Rio, TX, USA

Mar 032016

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the brake pedal required excessive force when depressed in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic ) and 14V104000 (service brakes, hydraulic ). in addition, the coolant was leaking. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 46,000.

- Akron, OH, USA

Mar 112016

Durango

I purchase my vehicle in 2013 and shortly after recvd several recalls. One recall was repaired in a timely manner, however it took from November 2013 to March 8, 2016 to recv an appointment to complete the additional recalls. Shortly before my appointment my engine light illuminated. When I meet my appointment time at nyle maxwell supercenter in austin tx, I informed them of the engine light. After a week, they informed me that not only the countless recalls that need repair that I also needed a part for my transmission. They have no vehicle for me to loan out to me that meets the same needs as my Durango and have informed me that they may keep my vehicle for another 30 days..

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Nov 072015

Durango

Three recalls unaddressed for 1+ years. Chrysler recall: P14 (NHTSA # 14V-154), P36 (14V-391), R09 (15V-115). Dealer and manufacturer claim that they are unable to obtain repair parts to address recall. Fca is unable to address a recall active since April 1, 2014. Today is Nov 7, 2015.

- Kirkland, WA, USA

Apr 012014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Mar 152014

Durango

April 2014 noticed loud sound and no brakes after going through carwash. Shortly after I received the first recall on the brake line. Phoned dealership but was told I was on a list and should be available July 2014. I've called several times but still not gotten the call to get my car in. Had to take the car into the dealership for water pump - at that time the service manager looked at my brakes and told me I definitely had a problem and would move me to front of the list. Still no calls. Since that time I've received several more safety recalls on my vehicle but am never able to get an appointment. I've asked since I have to leave the car to get a rental at their expense. They refused. I work 40 to 50 miles out of town and this is the only vehicle I have. I'm already being put out having to take the vehicle in why should I also have to bare the expense of a rental car as well. It has now been well over a year, my breaks are still bad. I panic every time it rains. My vehicle has recently started causing problems on starting up - it won't completely turn over - but it just keeps steadily trying - it won't let me cut it off and it's like its flooding itself. I now have a large stack of recalls on my vehicle and no one will help me. I'm not happy with Dodge and the lack of concern for my safety. I'm paying a car note for something that isn't safe to drive.

- Groves, TX, USA

May 132013

Durango

2013 Dodge Durango. Consumer writes in regards to brakes and dashboard light issues. The consumer returned to the dealer six months after purchasing the vehicle, because the lights on the dashboard illuminated periodically. The dealer purged the system according to the service invoice and the faulty lights did not illuminate again. Then, intermittently the consumer noticed the vehicle felt as though it was going to accelerate or even drop down in gear. The consumer received recall notice 14V154000 (service brakes and service brake hydraulic). However, she was informed the parts were not available. The consumer then called other dealers within a 100 mile radius and found a dealer who ordered the part on 06/17/2014 and installed it on 07/02/14. In October 2014, while driving the vehicle felt as though it was going down in gear on its own. Two months later, the consumer received recall notice 14V634000 regarding the alternator. However, the parts were not available. While the consumer was waiting on the parts, she continued to drive the vehicle, until one day while driving on the interstate, the vehicle just stopped.

- Fairfield, TX, USA

May 012015

Durango 6-cyl

2013 Dodge Durango. Consumer writes in regards to no parts available to complete recall for sun visor and brake booster. The consumer stated he had to continuously call the dealer about the parts. The last time he called, the dealer stated the parts had arrived. The consumer stated the dealer never called to inform him the parts were available.

- Murfreesboro, NC, USA

Apr 292015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic), 14V391000 (electrical system), and 15V115000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Minot Air Force Base , ND, USA

Nov 032014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received a manufacturer recall notification regarding the brakes; however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Soddy Daisy, TN, USA

Oct 202014

Durango 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic), 14V391000 (electrical system), and 14V115000 (equipment and tires) and stated that the parts needed were not available within a reasonable time frame. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/1/15

- Prescott Valley, AZ, USA

Jun 052014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic), 14V391000 (electrical system), 14V115000, and 14V115000 (equipment, tires).the contact stated that the parts were not available for the recall repairs. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Mar 242015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V391000 (electrical system) and 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- North Freedom, WI, USA

Mar 192015

Durango 6-cyl

This happened while driving to work at about 0745 going North on I35 from temple tx to waco. A 18 wheeler cut me off while I was in the right lane. He passed me then very quickly changed lanes. I stomped on the brakes and nothing happened then I lifted my feet and stepped on the brakes again and nothing happened.then on the third stomp they finally worked. At that time I heard a rushing of air.I hit the brakes again but there was no air noise. The brakes worked fine after that but I didn't get back on the interstate. I drove very carefully the rest of the day. But I have had other times that when I hit the brakes the brake pedal pushed back on my foot. That has happened several times.

- Temple, TX, USA

Feb 022015

Durango 8-cyl

2013 Dodge Durango safety recall notice 14V-154 and 14V-391. The consumer was informed the parts were not available. Even though she was assured they would be ordered and would be available at the time of her appointment.

- Moses Lake, WA, USA

Feb 032015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Dundalk, MD, USA

Aug 202014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received two notifications of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 272015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system). However, the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Jan 162015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lacey, WA, USA

Jan 122015

Durango

Please note that we received a notification for a P14/NHTSA 14V-154 in the mail regarding the brake booster on our 2013 Dodge Durango. We notified the dealership months ago regarding this recall and were told that we would be placed on a waiting list and never heard back. We would like action taken to have this issue fixed asap regarding the brake booster.

- St. Louis, MO, USA