2013 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Durango:

2013 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Apr 272014

Durango

When accerating from a stop or even slowing down to make a turn and attempting to get up to speed, the vehicle dogs like it wants to die. Even when getting from the one ramp to the highway there is a hesitation. The RPM's go down rapidly, then I have to press the gas pedal down to get the vehicle to kick in to get it up to speed.at one point, I had to press the gas pedal down to get the acceleration I needed to avoid getting rear ended by a semi. I have had it T a dealership 4 times for this and another mechanic and was told that this is a Dodge issue with the gear ratio and that is the way it is. I even had 2 mechanics drive along and they noticed it, but did nothing. This is going to get someone killed if Dodge does not do something about it. This has been happening since I purchased the vehicle in 2014. This is an everyday occurrencei thought they could fix this issue and still nothing. I keep getting the run around from the local dealership on this.

- Oshkosh, WI, USA

Sep 042015

Durango

While parking my truck, I removed my foot from the accelerator and the truck accelerated unexpectedly, went over a curb, into a tree and back over a curb. There was over $19,000 worth of damage to the truck. A case was opened with Dodge/Chrysler and the response was received over a month later indicating that this incident was not due manufacturer fault. This truck was also at the dealership 4 days prior to be serviced for recall campaign R09/NHTSA 14V-115.

- Bay Shore, NY, USA

Sep 282015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle accelerated rapidly and crashed into the curb. There were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 21,000.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Aug 102013

Durango

We purchased our vehicle on 5/31/13. Less than three months later, the first set of rear shocks were ordered for replacement. We have now owned the vehicle just over 2 years and will be having the shocks replaced for the fourth time. Nobody at the dealership has ever explained why we have such issues, and when I called this most recent time, the service dept said "maybe we aren't using the right ones". we are reaching the end of our warranty period and don't want to begin having to replace parts, that have already been replaced an average of every 6 months, at our own expense. Several months ago, we got the recall notice about the fuel pump relay, and we have yet to get the work done because there are no parts available to do the work. We've experienced countless times of "sluggish" performance when driving at 30 or less mph, which we assume is related to this recall. Of course, we've already had the brake booster shield recall work performed, but we never dreamed there would be two recalls in less than 2 years, not to mention all the problems with the shocks. With all of these problems, we feel our safety, and that of other passengers, is at risk and have become more and more concerned as we put more miles on the car.

- Blue Earth, MN, USA

Aug 312014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. While driving approximately 70 mph with the cruise control activated, the vehicle slowed down intermittently to 25 mph without warning. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 21,000.

- Cypress , CA, USA

Feb 012015

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle hesitated before accelerating. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V115000 (electrical system) however, the part to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

May 132013

Durango 6-cyl

On start, the engine revved up to 4000 RPM and stayed there. It took several taps on the accelerator to get the engine to return to normal idle speed. This has happened intermittently at least a dozen times since. Random - different times of day and temperature and moisture.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

May 082014

Durango

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Durango. While the vehicle was idling in park, it erroneously accelerated to 5 mph and crashed into another vehicle. There was no driver in the vehicle at the time of the crash, but there was a front passenger and a second row passenger. The contact sustained an injury to the left foot and received medical attention due to attempting to enter the moving vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was notified. The manufacturer had the vehicle examined by an investigator who was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 33,000.

- Fenton, MO, USA

May 022014

Durango 6-cyl

Upon pulling out of my neighborhood from a full stop, the SUV was slow to accelerate. It seemed "sluggish", as if it was not switching to the proper gear and had trouble speeding up. Caused an oncoming car to have to hit the brakes to keep from hitting me, when I should have had plenty of time to pull out, under normal conditions. This has happened numerous times. It also happens while I'm driving down the road and try to speed up. This is an intermittent problem. I have taken it to ferman Dodge twice now, and they tell me that they "hooked it up to the computer and could find nothing wrong with it", and when they test-drove it, they could not reproduce the problem. After researching this online, I have come across others who have also experienced this issue. I bought this vehicle new in November 2013, and it did not do this when I first got it. It now has only 3160 miles on it. I do not feel that it is safe to drive, considering its unpredictability.

- Land O Lakes , FL, USA

Jan 132014

Durango 6-cyl

On the 2013 Dodge Durango that I currently own which I purchased brand new in June 2013, the navigation and camera system goes completely blank while driving or backing up. The vehicle started accelerating while in drive gear, as well as the transmission fails to work properly and skips second gear, the vehicle also idles high and low while in operation of drive.

- Lillington, NC, USA