6.9

$1,100

1. replace tail light (7 reports)
2014 Dodge Durango lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Durango:

2014 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Jan 312019

Durango RT Hemi

Purchased a 2014 Dodge Durango R/T on October 31, 207. On November 2, 2017, I noticed that lower right corner of the tail light had water in it and was not working. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the tail light. Shortly after they replaced the tail light, the license plate light stopped working and the reverse camera stopped working. I took it back to the dealer and they repaired it. Shortly after the dealer repaired the light, it began to flicker and ultimately stopped working. I took the car back to the dealer. They said that they could not repair it and referred me to a Dodge dealer. I took the vehicle to the Dodge dealer and they replaced the light. A little less than a year since the Dodge dealer replaced the tail light, it has water in it and the license plate light along a few LEDs have stopped working. I contacted the dealer and I am waiting to see how this problem will get resolved.

Dec 122017

Durango RT Hemi

Purchased a 2014 Dodge Durango R/T on October 31, 207. On November 2, 2017, I noticed that lower right corner of the tail light had water in it and was not working. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the tail light. Shortly after they replaced the tail light, the license plate light stopped working and the reverse camera stopped working.I took it back to the dealer and they repaired it. Shortly after the dealer repaired the light, it began to flicker and ultimately stopped working. I took the car back to the dealer. They said that they could not repair it and referred me to a Dodge dealer. I took the vehicle to the Dodge dealer and they replaced the light.

Mar 042019

Durango Limited 3.6L

Live in Toronto and face snow and rain. Recently smelled burning electrical wiring in car and tried to find source but in vain. Few days ago I found part of the race track light on the right side of the Durango burned out and smelled like burnt electrical wiring upon close inspection. Bingo source found !

Dealership said issue not covered with extended bumper to bumper warranty. Heartbreaking and on research found replacement with labor approx $1500 and the issue could arise again. I’m not going to dish out this money for a repetitive problem! I did web search and no OEM replacement available other than used ones on EBay. Even Porsche’s have cheap OEM parts and easily available. Drove Porsche before and first Dodge ......

Solution upon research was to loosen the two side screws to let the water out and use heat gun. Also consider to use sealant to seal around the racetrack light, car camera areas.

Pretty disappointed and Similar complaints about this matter. Dodge should issue recall as it’s a real fire and health hazard with the toxic fumes of electrical burning in the cabin.

- Paul P., Toronto, ON, Canada

Nov 102017

Nov 012017

Jul 202018

Durango Limited 3.6L

Adding to the heap.... water is pooling up on the lower right portion of the racetrack lighting, and the LEDs are burnt out on the lower left side. Dodge should definitely be taking care of this; I bought the vehicle 2nd hand, so I guess I'm screwed.

- Marc D., Danielson, CT, US

Jul 142018

Durango Citadel 3.6L

Condensation and water starting to gather on the left side of the rear racetrack lighting on my 2014 Dodge Durango. Would a replacement be covered under the 5 year factory warranty?

- Glenn S., Shelton, Ct., US

Sep 012016

Durango Limited 3.2L V6

The cost of replacing the tail light is relatively expensive, over $1000. I don't know how the water is getting in. Every time it rains I have to take a screw out and drain the water. Then my headlights and bright lights went out during a rain storm. The GPS works when it wants to. The dealer just gave me a website and a phone number to call about it.

- lisom, Elizabethtown, US

Nov 102017

Durango Limited 3.6lV6

$1,200 to fix @ dealer. Way to much to fix a tail light. Living on social security and can't fix. I like car otherwise. Thought tail light problems were solved at least 80 years ago. Isn't this a safety issue for the feds? I've heard of others with this same problem.

- Roger B., Murfreesboro, TN, US