2015 Dodge Durango drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Durango:

2015 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 282016

Durango

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Durango. After the contact parked the vehicle in the driveway, removed the key fob, and exited the vehicle, it automatically shifted into drive and crashed into the garage. The contact stated that there was no warning indicator. The air bags did not deploy and there were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The front end of the vehicle was damaged, but the vehicle was not towed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and promised to call back. The failure mileage was 5,818.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Jul 232016

Durango

Vehicle will drive away unattended if you forget to turn the "transmission dial"..... when the car is in drive and you stop and press the ignition button (thinking you are putting the car in park and/or turning it off, and then get out of the car, the car remains in drive and will drive away. When you press the button, the car makes a ringing sound and both me and my wife and thought the car was in park. When I got out of the car, because I forgot to turn the transmission dial to park, the car began to roll away with my wife and children still in the vehicle. Unlike all other cars I have had that had electronic transmissions which put the car in park if you turn them off and/or open the door when the car is not moving, the during will simply drive off in the direction its is aimed. This car needs to put itself into park in these situations. I have a BMW that will not/cannot drive away like this. It is extremely dangerous!!!! I asked the dealer if there was a way to stop this and I was told they are aware of a similar problem on the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, I am told there is no re-programming fix yet. Someone is going to be killed by this defect eventually.

- South, NY, USA

Mar 102016

Durango

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Durango. While the vehicle was in the park position, the driver pressed the start/stop button to shut off the engine. While exiting the vehicle, it erroneously accelerated in reverse up an incline at approximately 5-10 mph. The vehicle drove into a busy street and stopped after bumping a curb. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,404.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Mar 202016

Durango

Car placed in reverse, backup camera came on and car went forward instead of backwards when gas applied. Car made funny sound. No damge occured and car was checked out by dealer. There has been no repeat events.

- Quinton, VA, USA

Nov 232015

Durango

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that the vehicle rolled out of the park position and crashed into a house. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 4,600.

- Greer, SC, USA

Sep 052015

Durango

After backing out of garage, I placed the vehicle in park with engine running while I walked back into garage. Note vehicle was parked on a slope. Emergency brake was not set. While in garage, I noticed vehicle was rolling down driveway. I was knocked down by drivers side door while trying to get in to apply brake. The vehicle then rolled over my mailbox, across street, over neighbor's mailbox and stopped when it hit a tree. My wife was in car so knows that rear parking sensors never chimed to indicate it was about to hit something which I believe confirms that the car wasn't still in reverse after backing out of garage. The air bags were not deployed. I believe that vehicle slipped out of park. It was not moving when I first got out. My injuries from being knocked to the ground and hers from being in the drivers seat both feel they didn't warrant emergency room treatment but will get treatment if pain persists.

- Suwanee, GA, USA