2015 Dodge Durango engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Durango:

2015 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Aug 262016

2015 Dodge Durango - with no warning rmp's start to race but the car loses all power. Different light on dash have come on. Dealer has had the truck 5 times including the latest for over to weeks. They reprogram the computer and transmission and try to say its fixed. I refuse the take the vehicle back this time. This truck is a danger to my family and others on the road. It has put family in dangerous situation multiply times, including when trying to merge onto the New York state thruway in heavy traffic. We were lucky there was a shoulder to roll into.

- Highland Mills, NY, USA

Jul 232016

Vehicle will drive away unattended if you forget to turn the "transmission dial"..... when the car is in drive and you stop and press the ignition button (thinking you are putting the car in park and/or turning it off, and then get out of the car, the car remains in drive and will drive away. When you press the button, the car makes a ringing sound and both me and my wife and thought the car was in park. When I got out of the car, because I forgot to turn the transmission dial to park, the car began to roll away with my wife and children still in the vehicle. Unlike all other cars I have had that had electronic transmissions which put the car in park if you turn them off and/or open the door when the car is not moving, the during will simply drive off in the direction its is aimed. This car needs to put itself into park in these situations. I have a BMW that will not/cannot drive away like this. It is extremely dangerous!!!! I asked the dealer if there was a way to stop this and I was told they are aware of a similar problem on the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, I am told there is no re-programming fix yet. Someone is going to be killed by this defect eventually.

- South, NY, USA

Mar 102016

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Durango. While the vehicle was in the park position, the driver pressed the start/stop button to shut off the engine. While exiting the vehicle, it erroneously accelerated in reverse up an incline at approximately 5-10 mph. The vehicle drove into a busy street and stopped after bumping a curb. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,404.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jan 182016

I started to proceed down the street and the accelerator appeared to stick and the engine started racing and I did not have any control of the vehicle speed. Also the RPM gauge was out of control. This last approximately five to ten seconds, and then the engine stopped racing, and returned to normal. The vehicle was in motion and going forward on a city street when the accelerator appeard to stick and the vehicle increased in speed, and I had not control over the speed of the vehicle.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jul 162015

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Durango. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the vehicle accelerated and was making an abnormal noise. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,267.

- Bailey, NC, USA

Aug 052015

The adaptive cruise control (acc) applies the brakes and brings the vehicle to a stop when following another vehicle in traffic. If the vehicle ahead does not move forward within two seconds (unlikely in heavy traffic) the acc displays a message in the dash warning the driver to press the brake and then suddenly shuts off the acc and releases the brake causing the car to being to creep forward. My car came close to rolling into the car in front because the first time I used the acc I did not expect this behavior. The acc is promoted as having a stop and go feature. I expected the acc to wait until the car I was behind to resume speed and then resume speed for my car accordingly. (this is the way I was used to this feature working in my Mercedes S550). There is a sophisticated center dash computer system showing climate, radio, nav, etc. I was exploring this system and not watching the driver information display in the dash and as such, missed the very brief message warning me to apply the brake. Besides the fact that in essence this car does not really employ a stop and go feature for all practical purposes and lulls a new driver into a false sense of security, the current implementation makes no sense from a safety standpoint. The driver should not have to do anything for the car to resume following the car in front. A less desirable, but better implementation would be to require some driver input to the car to resume travel - but this certainly would not qualify as a stop and go acc.

- Bozeman, MT, USA